Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Videos of Dixie on her 'Walkezee Harness' as promised!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 31, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Ok, it had to start raining just as I was taking her out to video! Sorry for the quality! The first few are just on the collar. She is normally worse than this on the lead, but she does not like the rain!

The first one, her on a short lead, she constantly has to keep getting rurther in front of me and I am constantly pulling her back.
    View My Video

This is her on the extendy when she is ''calm'' she still has to keep going as far as it takes her, and if you watch when she goes round the corner before I can press the button she keeps pulling at the end of the lead!
    View My Video

Ok, this one she had Just noticed the horses. Dixie loves horses, but she just cannot control herself. I pressed the button and she just pulled really hard! It was quite sore on my shoulder.
    View My Video

Now here is her on the Walkezee. She will go in front but can you see how easy it is to control her?? It feels so much smoother, there is no jerky corrections and most importantly it does not hurt my shoulder :D
    View My Video

Here back on her collar again. She is So sneaky! I correct her and ask her to heel, she keeps looking at me and edging forward!
    View My Video

Here we are back at the horses again. We have given them a bit of carrot, and the greedy we beggars follow us to make sure there is no more!. Dixie wants to catch them up. They stopped just before I videoed it so I had to encourage them on. Lol
    View My Video

Now lastly her with the Walkezee and the horses. If you stop at the horses with her on her collar she pulls, tried to get over/under/through the fence! I could not video this as holding her lead, watching my son and my fingers while giving the horses a bit of carrot was enough! lol. But her walking alongside them is so much easier in the harness.
    View My Video

I will try and get a few videos of Dave with and without the harness later. He is about 20kg now, and can be a bit of a nightmare on the lead at times.

x x

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

If you are going to yank her around the neck like that, you really should use a half-check. Flat collars can cause a lot of pain and discomfort as they arent designed to be a training collar.

Also, when she is on the extendable lead, how is she to know how long it is? Of course shes going to run to the end of it and pull you.

I cant believe you walk her next to a road on a long line, all it would take it her seeing something and she could run out infront of a vehicle.

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I would not be walking her along a road it it was actually busy.
    She comes right back to me when I ask her to, if a car comes. She is not alowed to walk on the extendy if there is any traffic.
    Which there is rarely. I live in a quiet village, you can hear a car ages before it actually gets there. If I do hear a car I lock the extend so she only has a shor lead.

When she is on the extendy with her collar it does not matter if she runs to the end or not, she still pulls when I press the button. Ont he harness she does not, making it easier on her and me. I don't walk her on her collar, I walk her on the harness. I was posting the videos in regards to another thread, to show what she would be like walking with her collar, to show how great this harness is with her.

4. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

see half check doesnt work at all with zeb he ignores the sounds, and the feeling of tightening around his neck totally ignores it he has such a big neck and lots of fur around it im not sure he feels it like that

The harness looks really good, i may try and sell some bits on ebay and buy one from there so im not spending "real" money lol

she does listen to you tho aswell doesnt she looking for you to say yes go on e.t.c shes a sweetie! Was it your little boy in the video with the 4th one he was stopping when you said heal aswell lol! :D

5. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Thank you for the videos, she looks a lot easier to walk in her harness.

Where did you get it from? I definitely think I will have to invest in one.

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Lol yeah he likes to repeat my commands to the dogs. he's funny :D

If you look for the Walkezee on ebay its about £20. But it was the best £20 I ever spent on the dogs! :D

It was a godsend when she had been spayed, having to have lead walk for a week was a nightmare! We walk in the forset and if I had her on a normal collar and lead I would have been pulled off my feet as alot of it is downhill. I am so glad I kept the extendy lead!

To be honest I rarely use it. It came with a rotti we fostered, and it was great lead.
    We now use it to let Bullseye next door to swim without losing him out to sea! I used the extendy loads when we first moved here, until I got used to the place. But it was using it that made me realise what a difference the harness makes!

x

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Got mine off Ebay :D

walkezee, Home Garden, Black, Red items at low prices on eBay.co.uk

here is the woman's site too

dog training harnesses training harness for dogs dog training harness best dog harness dog harnesses dogs harness dog harness lead pet dog harness wholesale dog harness premier easy walk dog harness lupi dog harness halti dog harness dog harness uk d

xx

8. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Thank you, will have a look on ebay later, fingers crosses I can find one cheap ;)

I love my extendy leads. They are just a piece of mind in a busy or new place.

9. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i used to love the extendable but zeb ate it :eek:

we use a police type lead for him and its brilliant c:eek:an have it different lengths and it clips on to his collar and his halti so i get full control of him

Going to get bear one aswell a.s.a.p but hes not a puller thankfully or i could just take them for a walk on a stakeboard ot roller blades lol

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

We had Dave's brother Bullseye on the extendy yesterday, he had his training lead, then Dave's, then my longline, then the extendy.
    Well.. I wasn't paying attention and Fraser let go of Bully. Who went racing after Dixie and Dave (who can be trusted to swimm off lead :D) Well.... By the time I noticed Fraser had let go, I had about enough time to get off the concrete, onto the grass where Bully was running to fast... And I landed on my face! Lmao he came back to see if I was ok, licked my face and jumped in the river :D I will give the lead to Fraser next time! Lol

x

Baby Bordie likes this.
  11. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

Ahhh Dixie is gorgeous!! and she really listens to you!! Wilbury has been soooo good since we've had him on it! I would advise other people to try it :) if poisongirl doesn't mind I might put some videos of the difference in Wilbury, to when hes on a collar and when hes on the harness :) x

12. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Please do. The other harness I'm looking at is the premier easy walk harness, its a front clip one and slightly cheaper :blushing:

13. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Lol no I don't mind, post away :D

x

14. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

15. *WillsTillsBills*

Heyyy,

so its taken me a while to work out how to get the videos up here soooo i'm hoping this works!

This is Wilbury with his normal collar and lead...

YouTube - Wilbury

give me 20mins! just trying to upload one with his harness on!

x

16. *WillsTillsBills*

17. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Awwh he is so good :)

x

18. *WillsTillsBills*

Lol and doesn't he know it!! x

19. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

I had to watch the vids of Wilbury a couple of times because the first times I was too busy falling in love with him!!

20. *WillsTillsBills*

Awww thankyou!! he does the 'wiggle bum' walk!! near enough the other half and have to stop and giv him a squeeze! today however it was raining, and although he loves the rain... I not as keen lol! Your dogs really cute aswel! sorry to ask... what breed is it? looks gorgeous anddd I love the colour...!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice