Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

video-call help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ForestWomble, May 28, 2020.

1. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I hope someone can help. I've got an 'attend anywhere virtual appointment' this afternoon, I've never done anything like this, I wasn't even expecting an appointment it was sprung on me the other day.
    I don't understand the instructions and it says you're supposed to only set it up a few minutes before the appointment, but on another sheet it says do a trial before hand to make sure you know what your doing, but I don't know what I'm doing.

Anyone used the NHS virtual whatsit and can explain? Thanks

2. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

Do you need to download the NHS app to use it?

ForestWomble likes this.
  3. ForestWomble

There is something on here about an app, but can you download those on a laptop? I don't have one of those smartphone whatsits.

4. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

If you have been sent a link via email just follow that. Do you have a camera on your laptop? I had one for the vet appointment it will ask for permission to your webcam.

ForestWomble likes this.
  5. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

There is a NHS app to download https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app/
    I had a look and you have to take a photo of ID such as a passport and driving license. Does the letter say which app to download?

6. ForestWomble

I've just found a link on the trusts website, think I'm in the right place now looking at the info sheet.
    I do have a camera but have never turned it on, from what you've said I'm guessing the computer turns everything on itself once permission is given?
    Thank you.

Thank you for looking, think I've found the link on the website.
    I shall have a look at your link too incase that's an easier way to it for future reference.
    The letter just mentions *name of hospital* Therapy services.

7. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

My camera is off on my work laptop but it doesn’t matter. I can still take part in video conferences but they can’t see me. You do need to have the microphone turned on. The ring sets my oldest dog off so make sure you have a plan in place for Bungo just in case.

ForestWomble likes this.
  8. ForestWomble

Thank you.

Well, all sorted, got there in the end and the appointment went OK. It wasn't as weird as I thought it would be either.
    You were right, the ring set Bungo off, wasn't expecting it as didn't see your reply before the appointment time, thankfully managed to stop him fairly quickly, I'll be prepared next time.

Jobeth and rona like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice