Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

vid-link: bizarre *solution* to prairie-dogs...

Discussion in 'Pet News' started by leashedForLife, May 30, 2010.

1. leashedForLife

OK, this is supposed to be *animal friendly* -
    YouTube - Prarie Dog Vacuum

given that nobody reported an abundance of 3-legged or broken-legged bison across the Great Plains when millions,
    perhaps BILLIONS of prairie-dogs lived all across it, i really doubt that cattle are so much-more likely to snap a leg in a burrow.

bison graze SELECTIVELY ** in ** prairie-dog towns, as their constant grazing produces higher-nutrients than does
    surrounding un-grazed, maturing pasture. :huh: so how come bison aren;t hobbling around in leg-casts?

AND how come prairie-dogs seem to travel more like 50-mph than 5-mph, when they bounce off that cushioned wall?!

where the H*** are they supposed to go when they are transported - they have no ready-made burrows, and are put... Where?
    dropped in the middle of an empty field? to scatter, or be preyed on by local dogs, coyote, redtails, etc?

does he keep colonies INTACT? does he MIX colonies?
    p-dogs are highly-social and rely upon relatives for such things as baby-sitting and grooming... and WHERE are the infants?
    i saw only adults... :( are nursing-kits left behind, to starve?

more Qs than As... i don;t have a good feeling. :nonod: its a very unsettling practice, IMO.
    --- terry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice