Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Vid-Clip: teaching leave-it with a clicker (or other marker)

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by leashedForLife, Jun 7, 2010.

1. leashedForLife

YouTube - Ricky Learns Leave It

this Morgan gelding is already 5-YO and has a well-established mouthy and mugging behavior;
    he has been known to bite, with is very dangerous in horses - a dog who bites punctures, a horse crushes + can take a chunk
    of flesh, leaving terrible bruising + swelling - their necks are so strong, that they COULD bite a mans shoulder, pick him up
    + THROW him like a rag-doll.

so having this fella give-up his bad habit is very, very important.
    this is only the 3rd lesson - this is from *jessica -

He belongs to my blacksmith who was a pretty big skeptic about
    clicker training until she met my horse and then took a few classes with her dog.
    I did a brief (5 min) targeting session with him two days prior to introduce the clicker and his owner did a brief
    session that morning. This was also the first time I trained a horse with a baby strapped to my back! :)

what she is looking for as her clickable-moment is him moving his nose AWAY,
    and i think he makes good progress on the step-back, too.

the swallows trilling noisily in the bakground are closer to the camera + mike than is *jessica,
    LOL, so they are a bit loud - but i like to hear them, barn-swallows are nice to have around livestock,
    they are such beautiful flyers and eat gobs of bugs, too.

cheers,
    --- terry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice