Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Victoria Stillwell

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sequeena, Aug 14, 2009.

1. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I've just discovered this woman and wow! I have learnt so much from two episodes!

Everything I have learnt is being put into action TODAY! :D

2. Yogi B

Yogi B PetForums Member

though I am in the state, I prefer Victoria to Cesar. She is good at teaching the owner to train and not necessarily just the dog. Plus, she is more entertaining.

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

She is wonderful. Some of the dogs on her programmes terrify me and it's amazing how fast she is able to train them.

I am happy to report that my dogs are nowhere near as bad as the ones on her show. Candy is bark happy and she pulls when she's on the lead (easily correctable now I know exactly what to do) and Sky is a bugger for 'counter surfing' (aka stealing things!).

To be honest I much prefer anyone over Cesar but that's a different subject entirely :)

4. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

I've not seen any of her recent shows, but loved watching the series she did ages ago on, well apart from that dodgy dominatrix image. What channel are her shows on at the moment? I liked her training style more to the other dog training shows about.

5. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Thats what i like about her, she sorts the owners out first. Shes brill!!!

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Sky real lives I think the shows were on :)

7. davehyde

davehyde Banned

and better to look at than CM lol.

8. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I like the way she takes time to see what's going on between the dog and the owner, not like CM who seems to just wade in with the same make the dog submit crap.

9. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

shes very good. much better methods than ceasar. iv learnt a few things from her too.

10. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

Now I love doggy programmes, I was weaned on Barbara Woodhouse, long break then before Dog Borstal and now Cesar Millan so I just have to watch this Victoria woman :D

I'm on cable so can somebody pleeeeeeeese let me know what channel and what time... hope I get it :D

11. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

#11 2Hounds, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  12. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

she is good :D

13. moonface

moonface PetForums Junior

It's on Sky real lives at 7pm think it's on every night, def tonight anyway as I have it on record:D

14. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Avoid any of her first 2 series (UK ones that is) because she was very much of the school of training that says eat before your dog, walk through doors etc etc and she got very stuck in those methods and within the dog training 'world' she did become a bit of a laughing stock. BUT kudos to her she rethought her methods and has now become extreamly sucessful and respected for her training.

15. rachel57

rachel57 PetForums Junior

its on sky anytime at the moment ! i watched it yesterday with pongo and lilly ,she tought both the dogs and owners a thing or two .Its fab.

16. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

I was told by john rogerson on a behavioural course of his that she isn`t a dog trainer,shes an actress,he was hired to find trainers for the show but none had the right "look" so an actress was hired with professionals doing the training.
    and that what we see on tv,is only a fraction of the training that goes into the dogs.
    Of course i don`t know if this is true,just saying what he told us on the course

17. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

She is/was an actress but she's also a qualified dog trainer and behaviourist too. Sounds like someone is a bit envious if he's telling those sort of rumours without the full facts!!!:rolleyes:

To be honest even if originally she was hired as an actress to just speak the words of another trainer then in my opinion she is still one of the best trainers that is on the TV so whoever she is the mouth piece for is a good trainer and it doesn't matter who gives the message as long as it is out there! ;)

18. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Haha you beat me to it rachel, that's where I watched it too! There's 2 episodes on there right now!

Pongo what a beautiful dog! Can't believe the progress he made!! And can't believe the owners were thinking of putting him down...Most of his problems were due to the fact he wasn't neutered!!

19. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

Well her bio seems to suggest she got into the pet training side due to the dog walking company she set up. Perhaps before she was getting much actress work in. That said she has her brand to protect and if that behavourist chap is telling truth i'm not sure she'd want people to know.
    I'd of thought if she was trained up just to play a part for the show she'd of been jumped on like Gillian Mckeith by the media as not having the credentials she's portraying, given the sucess the show had.

#19 2Hounds, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  20. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I didn't know that about Gillian Mckeith!! I can't believe someone hired her in the first place!!!:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice