UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i live in the north east of england (middlesbrough). i use clifton lodge vets normally but get the impression they dnt deal with alot of dogs in whelp.

i was wondering if anyone on here from this area uses a different vets and they are good at palpating and scanning?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Do you take ur dogs there?
I have been abroad for 10 years but I used to always take my Bullmastiffs to James, he could palpate pregnancy at 28 days and was very gentle even with a bulky dog like that.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have used wilsons at bishop auckland for many years and they're very good - they now have a surgery at spennymoor. They also offer 24/7 cover (at bishop) so at least no out of hours, I prefer one of the vets now based at spennymoor.

they also have a referral vet based there and often you can just get his opinion as part of the normal consultation, has MRI scan etc

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Hi, i live in the north east of england (middlesbrough). i use clifton lodge vets normally but get the impression they dnt deal with alot of dogs in whelp.

i was wondering if anyone on here from this area uses a different vets and they are good at palpating and scanning?
I would probably look for a sheep scanner, but more importantly, what about if you have any problems during the whelping or after? I would find another vet that does have experience in breeding as you may need it. My own regular vet doesn't have experience so I have another (who is experienced) that I see just for breeding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.