Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Vets can't diagnose!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Lucylambretta, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Lucylambretta

Lucylambretta PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone, I've just joined as I have a poorly cat and thought someone out there might be able to shed some light on his condition as the vets just can't diagnose.
    2 weeks ago he started with wobbly legs. He had had this about 10 months ago and had a potassium shot which made him better. It didn't work this time. He was very dehydrated so they kept him in for 2 days on a drip, antibiotics, potassium etc. Took him home, syringe fed him water for a couple of days and he gradually started to get better. About 5 days in, wobbly legs again...rushed him back to the vets where they did more test. His red blood cell count had dropped very low, so he's very anemic. Everything else is fine. Kidney function good, not FIV or FeLV, not parasites in bloodstream. They didn't mention cancer so assumed they would have some indication of this from blood tests. He's at home now where I'm tricking him into having his steroids and antibiotics every day. Seems like he's improving, eating and drinking fine but started with this head twitching thing now! Can anyone help decipher what's going on with him?

2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Just being very anaemic could make him wobbly without there being anything else. Glad he's improving. Not sure about the head twitching.

3. Lucylambretta

Lucylambretta PetForums Newbie

Thank you. I'm just not sure he is getting better or if it's just the steroids and antibiotics giving him a slight boost. He's had diarrhea this morning. Head twitching still going on, seems to speed up his heart rate when he gets a twitch. It's just frustrating not knowing what it is and what the chances of him getting better are. Could it be poisoning...anyone?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice