Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Vet visit tomorrow

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jo-pop, Nov 2, 2012.

1. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

So Thomas is going for his booster tomorrow. First time at the vet for nearly a year (thankfully).
    I am wondering, at just over a year and 6.5kg are they going to say he is "overweight". I am really hoping that this vet turns out to have some common sense and doesn't bring out the dreaded age/weight chart which of course applies to EVERY cat :rolleyes::

We shall see. :D

I also wonder if I will be advised to feed Hills Dry... please lord no do not get me in to a nutrition conversation lol

2. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

Cookie wasn't well after her booster, don't know if you have thought about the injection site Jo. Cookie won't be injected in the scruff again.

Hugs from me and Cookie for tomorrow.

3. Kat86

Kat86 PetForums Junior

Oh no, we've just took Luca for his first booster today and they did that in the scruff...what's the problem with the scruff? He only has the basic booster, never had leukaemia to start with as the breeder said some of her cats didn't react well so she never had that one...so we've just carried on with this for his first booster. So far he seems ok thankfully! How long did it take your cookie to go downhill afterwards?

4. cuddlesmycat

cuddlesmycat Guest

Cuddles always has her booster in the scruff of the neck, Never had a problem. She gets a bit moody for a day or so but that's it really.

5. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

There is now a move towards using the leg as an injection site, just in case a vaccine-related tumour (sarcoma) develops at that site. It is very very rare but a leg is so much easier to lose than a neck.

6. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Well, let us know! I have two big cats (6.5 and 7kg) and I have yet to meet a vet who has commented on their size. And, apart from an ill-appointed locum, so far I haven't had a vet talk diet with me unless I instigated it. They certainly aren't all of the same ilk :D

7. Kat86

Kat86 PetForums Junior

Oh dammit >_< Good to know for next time though, thanks Hobbs!

8. spid

spid PetForums VIP

You are always able to nod etc and not say anything and carry on regardless! Stick to your guns lassie.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice