Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Vet charges for puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by muffinpup, May 27, 2010.

1. muffinpup

muffinpup PetForums Junior

Hi, its my puppies first trip to the vet tommorrow, I meant to ask when I booked the appointment how much it will cost but I forgot.
    Does anyone have any idea how much approximatly it may cost?
    He will be having his first lot of injections, and also he will need worming.
    Also I want to get him microchipped when he gets his second injections as I think I would be worried about taking him out without being chipped, so I could do woth an idea of how much that will cost too.

I suppose it doesn't matter either way as I'll be taking him anyway but I just wondered how much to expect.
    Thanks

2. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Our vet is doing an offer of,full puppy vaccins,microchip,4wks insurance,flea and worming treatment and pack for 45.00
    think they vary a bit but be about 40-45.00 ish,as a guideline :)

3. dalpup

dalpup PetForums Member

I paid £48 (that covered both injections and also the health check they get first visit) I was told it will be £25 for the micro chip and I think it was about £3 for the worming

this would just be a guide though as some vets charge more or less, hope it gives you a rough idea though

4. muffinpup

Thanks very much, thats actually a lot less than I was thinking, Its quite good they do an offer with everything included. I hope our vet does something similar, its a pain when you have no idea what to expect but at least if its all in a package together I know where I am.
    Thanks

5. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Ours was £66 i think for 2 sets of jabs, wormer, flea stuff e.t.c
    micro chipping was done at the cats and dogs home for £10 :)

6. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

i was about £20 per injection. wormer was free. microchipping was also about £20.

all depends on the vet but i wudnt expect it to be much more than that.

7. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Ours was £58 for both jabs and worming, then £16 for microchip. Our vets was quite expensive

8. EmsBuddy

EmsBuddy PetForums Member

I paid £61 yesterday for:
    1 x 2nd jab
    1 x microchip
    2 x worming tabs

Our vets is VERY expensive too

9. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 PetForums Member

Our vets is expensive too but local and very good so i dont mind so much!

They are actually double on the cost of neutering than a vets a few miles away!!

Vaccination wise they are not too bad though

£21 per injection this includes health check, wormer and flea treatment
    £19.99 for microchipping!

Spent almosy £500 there a couple of months ago on my really sick french lop bunny, she had to be PTS in the end but was so impressed with the care and thought they gave us that i dont mind that they are expensive!

10. muffinpup

Thanks very much everyone, in the end it cost me £36, but that included frst injection, and I bought a pack of frontline for my cats so I think the injection was only £18, thay also gave free flea and worming, I think that was called advocate.
    I though we only had to go twice for injections but the vet said we go again in 2 weeks and then again 2 weeks later, so 3 times in all.
    I was looking forward to being able to take him walkies but I'll have to wait a bit longer now! Oh well it'll be worth the wait!

Joolz - Sorry to hear about your bunny.:frown:

#10 muffinpup, May 29, 2010
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
  11. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Did they say why you had to go back for the third time? The puppy vaccins are usually a set of two.

12. muffinpup

He didn't say, I know I'm stupid for not asking, he just made it sound like thats what they always do.
    He gave him a general check over, said he is really healthy and then said right his first injection then today, then you will come again in 2 weeks, then again 2 weeks later and then hes good to go.
    I just said ok, I felt a bit silly asking why as I just thought maybe I'd got it wrong thinking it was just 2 lots.
    I'll ask when I go in 2 weeks though, there were lots of things afterwards which I had meant to ask but realised I'd not. I only realised when I came home that he hasn't given me a card with proof he has had an injection, do they still do that, I have them for my cats and they put a sticker in each time to show they are up to date.
    Unless I just get that when the course is finished. I think I'll write a few things down to ask next time so I don't forget.

13. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

We only got our vaccination card once they'd done the second injection, so maybe you will get it then.

14. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

You will usually get the card on the second visit.
    Is it posible that you miss heard what he said? usually they say that 2 weeks after the second vaccin they are good to go out.
    Im terrible at remembering things lol,i even write lists...but leave them at home lol!!

15. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

I had Blades first injection done on tuesday and he has to go back in 2 weeks for his 2nd then they want him to have his chip in after that and not at the same time so maybe thats what they are thinking??

16. muffinpup

He didn't say, I know I'm stupid for not asking, he just made it sound like thats what they always do.
    He gave him a general check over, said he is really healthy and then said right his first injection then today, then you will come again in 2 weeks, then again 2 weeks later and then hes good to go.
    I just said ok, I felt a bit silly asking why as I just thought maybe I'd got it wrong thinking it was just 2 lots.
    I'll ask when I go in 2 weeks though, there were lots of things afterwards which I had meant to ask but realised I'd not. I only realised when I came home that he hasn't given me a card with proof he has had an injection, do they still do that, I have them for my cats and they put a sticker in each time to show they are up to date.
    Unless I just get that when the course is finished. I think I'll write a few things down to ask next time so I don't forget.

17. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

We pay £20 for each jab but I always get discount off my vets bills with my vet. I don't know how much he charges for microchipping as mine aren't done but a friend does it and charges £20 a dog.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice