Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

vet bed what do you think?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jenny armour, Mar 25, 2011.

1. jenny armour

jenny armour PetForums VIP

how do people fine vet beds?
    just recently someone, not sure if it is jack with his behavioural problem or sonni if he has had a fit, is wetting on my bed.
    well of course if it isnt caught in time goes through to the mattress.
    i was wondering if it is worth spending out on buying a piece of vet bed, enough to cover and maybe tuck into the mattress to prevent the mattress getting wet.
    of course its always when you go to get into bed that you find out that one of the cats has weed on it.
    do you think it would work?

2. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Does it form a waterproof barrier....or would the wee just trickle through and onto the mattress anyway? Why not look for a waterproof backed sheet used for bed wetting ( cant think of the proper name, but you know what I mean ) Puppy pads could also be used, but would only provide specific areas of coverage.

3. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear that you are this problem Jenny its not nice is it.

when we had Beau our much loved and missed raggie that I had had to rehome to his peeing on bed several times a day and his herpes problems [he was a really a cat who wanted to be an only cat and really stressed with us]. We used to have a waterproof mattress protecter [that wasn't totally waterproof as it got washed so much]. Underneath that we used to put puppy pads. Worked pretty well on the whole. Beau used to choose his moments and more often then not used to pee on the bed when I was in it, on me!

Beau's been as good as gold in his new home and hasn't a herpes flare up either

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I think you are right PP's.As far as I know "proper"vet bed acts like a one way barrier to prevent the animal lying on a wet bed by allowing any fluid to drain through but stays dry itself.It is wonderful stuff but not ,I dont think ,much use for what you want it for Jenny.Puppy Pads,or incontinence mattress protectors Incontinence Products UK - Washable Bed and Mattress Protection These are just one of a vast range if you just google incontinence products .I used to work with the elderly so there is not much that got passed me in this department :D.Hope you find something to help .

5. It does - it stays dry on top! we used to use it a lot - used to pick it up rome the local showground (around £14 for 1.5 metres)
    BUT! never washed one - as could not get it into the washing machine

6. jenny armour

yes you're all right it does seep through so the animal doesnt have to lay in it. i will try the incontinence mattess cover or puppy pads. i need something that will cover the whole of the bed area. anyway could come in handy for me in a few years, you never know lol. god i hope not, what a thought. it should also work out cheaper. incidentally there are alot of these type of covers on the market but at drastically different prices, are some disposable so therefore cheaper do you think?

7. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

I should imagine the disposable ones would be rather 'rustly' to sleep on, maybe something rubberised is a better option.

8. jenny armour

yes i reckon so pp, but put a blanet over so it isnt too sweaty

9. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

could you not stop your cats sleeping in your bed room if your cats wee on the bed, it must make the room stink. Just a suggestion im assuming sonni and jack are cats lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice