Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Very worried about my cats behaviour, what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Kendal_28, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Kendal_28

Kendal_28 PetForums Newbie

My Cat leaves the room anytime my younger sister enters it. If she is sat in the sofa she will sit and stare at my sister, like REALLY stare her out so much so that my my mum noticed it and thought it was funny, she will then leave the room. She won’t sit in the sofa if my sister is in there either.... Not really sure what is wrong with her but I’m concerned. Have any of you expoerienced this with family members before?! Thanks in advance

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello @Kendal_28 and welcome :)

Does your sister live with you? If not, and she is a visitor to your home then your cat is wary of her, and not sure what to make of her. Perhaps she hasn't seen your sister very often so she does not yet trust her.

If your sister actually lives with you, then again, it is all a matter of trust. A cat's trust has to be earned by every human. For some reason your cat is not entirely comfortable with your sister yet. If your sister is quite young perhaps her behaviour is not always predictable and the cat finds this a bit perplexing. That is why she watches her closely.

The way for your sister to earn your cat's trust is to play with her gently using arms length toys e.g. a rod toy such as the Purrsuit, or by giving her treats, or by feeding her one of her daily meals.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PurrSuit-F...&sprefix=purrsuit+,aps,130&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Gallifreyangirl and sandy-cat like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice