Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Very worried about my cat ...please help and advise me!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by JasperCat101, Jul 16, 2017.

1. JasperCat101

JasperCat101 PetForums Newbie

Hi all.

This is my first time posting here and I'm hoping for some top tips. My cat (Jasper) is 17. I just got him back today (long story). He is in a shocking state He is very weak and struggling to move although I'm not sure if there is something wrong with his back legs?? He is sitting in a different posture to normal but I've added some pictures so hopefully someone could advise me?? When he stands he doesnt look to be stretching out fully more tiptoeing?

He hasnt eaten anywhere near a normal amount today even though I have moved the food bowl to right next to him throughout the day, just taken little bites when I move it.

He hasnt been grooming and the hair is all matted at his bottom/the top of his tail and I'm not sure how best to resolve this?
    I have brushed him thoroughly (not the matted bits obv) and he is looking a bit healthier for it but I think he may also have fleas He has a flea collar on that hasn't expired yet and obviously I don't want to brush him too vigorously on account of his being so skinny now so any tips regarding this would also be appreciated.

If anyone can offer any advice or tips to me on any of this I would greatly appreciate it I'm absolutely heartbroken to see him like this and just feel so helpless

Attached Files:

2. Jannor

Jannor PetForums VIP

So sorry he's so very ill but he needs to see a vet urgently. At 17 it could be a lot of things but only a vet can give a diagnosis. Once you know what you're dealing with, people may be able to help.

3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Jasper looks very thin and possibly he is dehydrated too. If he has not been seen by a vet since you got him back I would take him to a vet straight away, as Jannor advised. It is possible he may need IV fluids and if so that can't be delayed. Especially not at his age.

At least speak to your out-of-hours vet on the phone this evening and see what they advise.

Please let us know how Jasper goes on. :)

moggie14 and Matrod like this.
  4. Polly G

Polly G PetForums VIP

Our oldies do need extra care - as others have said you need to see your vet . Do let us know how you get on.

moggie14 likes this.
  5. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

I do hope poor Jasper is OK, he definitely needs to see a vet. x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice