UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know my tamiya had sooty 6 days ago. She is being a super mum and sooty is putting on weight like no ones buisness. I have been a bit concerned that tamiya can be very unsettled with her. Not attacking her and still coming to her she she cries but she is roaming a lot around the room that she is in and I have to keep a radio on for her as this seems to be the only way she seems to calm down.

Unfortunately due to the set up of my house she is in the back living room and to stop the kids from annoying her I have kept the door shut. I do go in several time a day to fuss her and feed her but I am scared that she might reject her or is in the process of rejecting her.

Thanks for the advice in advance xxxx

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
if the baby is of a good weight and mum is feeding this is ok, if she doesnt feed you will need to supplement.

im having the same trouble with my girl, she has got very bored having just the one kitten but at the moment she is feeding.:)

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
It may be because she lost the other kittens, sounds like she is still looking for them and wondering where they are :(

Maybe she is making too much milk, or Sooty's suckling is making her miss the others? Hope she feels better soon xx

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
God I hope not :frown: it's really only began in the last couple of days. She is meowing and purring like she used to before babies were born.

She is very bonded to me and now sooty is here we aren't spending as much time together. She is worse than a dog for following me round the house :p could that also be part of it x

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
i'm sorry i don't have any advice for you but wanted to say i hope it all settles down soon. i imagine it must be hard for her losing her other kittens:(

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
Are you letting her out of that room for a break? One of my girls will not use a litter tray in the same room as kittens, another likes to eat away from them. It's not ideal with a singleton but you may be better off letting her out of that room during the day with access back into the kitten every couple of hours. There isn't much to interest her in there with only one kitten to look after.

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
Singletons can be a pest, not enough to keep mums interest up. The girls often call early too, so she could be coming into heat again.

My girls with singletons or 2 kittens have called at 4 days, 6 days, 2 weeks and 3 weeks after birth. When in heat they can neglect or get a bit rough with the kittens, spend more time wandering especially in the days before coming into call.

I have a girl at the moment with a 2 week old who she's decided to ignore while she's in heat, he's now with another mum who's happily raising him.
My last single I had to hand raise as I didn't have another girl available.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She came out this morning for a run around the house and before I knew it she was back nursing sooty again without her even shouting for her.

I am thinking she is in heat again as when she was roaming the outside doors were of great interest :mad2: but little does she know the next time she feels fresh air she'll be on her way to the vets :thumbup:

Xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.