UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a couple of month now my hens have been off laying well for the last couple of days they have been starting to lay again and today we got 10 eggs i was well chuffed, well one of them is so small i have never seen a hen egg this small, it is 1 1/2 inch high and has a circumference of 3 inch but perfect egg shape and a good shell, whats this all about then? it is so small, and why do they all seem to start laying again at the same time? even though they are of different ages.

Back to the small egg again,do you think it will be ok to eat? my daughter is dying to eat it

juliex

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
It should be fine to eat might be a bit sour tho

its because they all live together, like humans if they are together
they sorta cycle, i dunnoo hard to explain

the small egg is just a random onea form of dwarfism i think :)

EAT IT
Xx take a piccie aswel

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Awwwh its sooo cute!
ha

emmm it may well be dwarfism, if you get another one laid by the same hen then seek vetinary advice :)

i would eat it, but im vegan

:p
Xx

·
Registered
68 Posts
They used to be called devils eggs, in "olden times" ;) You can get them when the chook has had a bad fright, they don't always have a yolk in either. Nowadays (sorry!) they are known as ....fart eggs. :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Usually a tiny egg means the hen is coming to the end of a lay, poults eggs are smaller but not tiny lik ethat pic, you may also get shell-less eggs too or soft shelled eggs as the hen stops laying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.