Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Very sad news

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kori, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

Only after 2 days of getting the cats, worrying about them etc, I am going to have to return them :(

With each day that passes, I am getting more and more allergic. At the moment, I am upstairs away from them as I can feel as asthma attack coming on. I don't know what to do.

I want to keep the cats but my dh is right. My health and the childrens' health is more important. We've noticed that our 2 year old has started sneezing more over the last few couple of days.

Very sad.

Kori

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Aww im soo sorry to hear you have to return them but your health is important

3. kath123

kath123 Guest

awww hun im sorry to hear that you are suffering, i also have asthma and have had my cat for 7 months now and myself and my 6yr old boy have started to suffer really bad with my asthma and he woke up with a swollen left eye and was shut it was that bad. :(:(

What i am going to do now i do not know!! :(:(

4. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

awww thats awful hun. but do wat is best for you. theres no point keepin them if you cant handle or play with them.

big hugs for you and the kitties, they will understand tho :)

5. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Its a hard thing to do i really do feel for you as i know what it is like..

Good luck what ever you do..:)

6. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

you are returning them to some one who don't look after them properly? can't you get them a home with someone decent? poor things.

7. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

am so sorry for you but you are right. your health and the health of your children is too important xx

8. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

oh thats very sad -

but this couldnt have been forseen :(

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I agree. I read about where you got then from, and i think that a rescue centre would be preferable to returning them to the place they originally came from.

If there is the potential that they are diseased, then a rescue will take measures to make sure they are rehomed where they cant infect other cats. I doubt the "breeder" would bother doing this.

10. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

Yes, please please don't return them.

Yes your health is important but so are these cat's lifes, they are your responsibility now.

11. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

If you can try to put up with it for now, the allergy should ease over time as your body gets used to it. I used to be soo allergic to my cats, but now Iam fine as long as i wash my hands after stroking them and I dont have them in the bedroom anymore as i was having trouble breathing at night.

I was the same when we had our first dog, I was covered head to toe in a rash for weeks and my nose and throat were terrible. Try taking some antihistamines.

12. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

same with my OH jen, we've 8 cats and he's allergic, just have to be careful and clean alot and not allow them in the bedroom etc. you do get better, he is not as bad as he was.

13. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

We are taking the cats back today at 1.40pm. I am on my own and feel like I could have an asthma attack any minute so I'm having to be really careful.

I have two small children to look after so I'm always rushing around and I can't do that when I feel this ill. Also got very bad hayfever symptoms. If it was just me and my dh, I would have given it longer but the kittens are young and will be easy to rehome. I do worry about Molly though. I hope she will find a good home. I wish I could keep her.

I spoke to the breeder today and I think I may have misjudged her. She was very understanding and she's going to give me some of my money back. When I told her that we got Molly wormed she said "but I only got her wormed 3 weeks ago". I didn't know Molly had been wormed because she hadn't told me that! I think that there were some unfortunate circumstances but she really has got the kittens best interest at heart.

Anyway, we haven't got a lot of choice. Last time I had a serious asthma attack I ended up in hospital. Can't afford to go in again as it gets worse each time. I need to be here for the kids cos my dh, although is lovely and understanding, works long hours and he's away tonight so I can't risk having an attack when I'm on my own.

Kori x

14. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

15. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

I've just taken them back. They seem very happy and settled back in their old bed straight away! I know the kittens will find good homes very soon. Molly has also gone back to the breeder but there is strong chance that one of my friends will take Molly so at least I'll still get to see her!

Kori x

16. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Im sorry you had to return them, but your health is more important!

17. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

Hi Kori

I am so sorry to hear your news, but you are right, you need to do what is best for your health and if you are on your own it is such a risk. I hope you are feeling okay!

Sharon
    x

18. nat1979

nat1979 PetForums VIP

Thats what i was like
    My pets are not aloud in my bedroom or upstairs and i have to take my blue and puprle pumps twice a day but i now have 2 cats and 5 dogs

19. nat1979

nat1979 PetForums VIP

Just a question if your asthma can get that bad why did you get cats which can be the worst pet to get if you have asthma

I have it myself and it only in the last 2 years that i have got better around cats after living with them for 4 years and i am always taking my pumps and tablets

20. bunnyboo34

bunnyboo34 PetForums Newbie

i am so sorry to hear that i have two cat but one is getting old and he is a bit ill you will get over it soon :crying:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice