Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Very naughty dog.

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Eolabeo, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Ok where do i start lol.
    she loves people and other dogs bigtime, she has a lovely freindly nature, she belongs to my sister who is at her wits end with her, The problem she is having is her continuous being on the go, she don't stop from the minute she gets up to the minute she goes to bed.
    My sister takes her out everyday for ages but she still don't stop.
    ok ill write a list of things she gets upto once she is up.

She is a chewer so obviously when my sister goes out or goes to bed she has to crate her, but even when my sister is in she will get upto no good, she wonders around the house looking for things to chew, like electrical things plugged in or wonders of to the bathroom and chews the piles of loo rolls, No matter how much she has scolded her for this she still does it.

She also jumps up on the sides and nicks food the minute my sisters back is turned, again she has really told her of for this but again she still does it.

She hates anything that is standing up lol, like stools, ladders and indoor bins and outdoor wheely bins, she will go upto them and knock them down with her nose and walk away, my sister has told her of and stood all the items up she knocks down but she will go back and knock them down again continuously. ( very strange ).

She was a bigtime indoor barker but that was cured with the throwing a pint of water in her face the minute she started to bark and shouted one word *quiet* that worked :D but the thing is when she runs out the door to the garden in the day and last thing at night she barks her head of big time, my sister cannot throw water in her face when shes in the garden coz she knows and runs off lol.

She never ever sits still indoors, she walks around all the time looking for mischief 24/7, She flattens her other dog, she leans over her back and lays her weight on her so she splatters on the floor and she lays on her, poor dog is under her gasping for breath lol coz she is sooo massive, shes like a male dog.
    my sister puts her in the crate when she starts this because telling her dont work.

I bred her myself and she is from the best bloodlines around, Her mum was naughty when she was little but not quite as bad as her.

Im having her tonight for about a month to see if i can put her in her place and also to see how she is up my house with my other dogs of the same breed who can deffinatly stick up for themselfs and will tell her of if she even trys to splatter them with her weight.

Does anyone have any suggestions i could pass on to my sister when she gets her back?.

My sister can't offord profesional training help because she is not in work at the mo due to health problems.

any help would be taken seriously.

2. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi loe
    sounds like boredom, she cant settle like's to use the brain,
    does she go to classes even just a training class is £3 well where i go is.

have you got one of those's activty balls might help or she'll chew it as you well know they got very strong jaws,

3. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

I suggessted that to my sister, she is also going to get a kong toy.

I myself will look into a local dog training class even if it takes her mind of things for an hour, she is stubborn as a mule lol
    she is soooo active 24/7, even my daughter, myself and her bf have took her out for hours and i do mean for hours, after that she go's back indoors, has a drink, sits down for half hour and is on the go again for hoursss lol.
    i truly in my life havent met a more active dog as flo, she is beyond a joke, we truly donot know where all this energy comes from. nothing works.

4. carol

carol PetForums VIP

i know a tread mill
    put her lead on tie her to it and turn it on put a bone in front so she cant get it keep her occupied for hours
    lol lol :) :)

5. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

ROFL wish i could , that would be ideal lol, loose some of her weight at the same time hehehe

6. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

Make sure your sister gets a black Kong, they are much hardier than the red, stuff it with her food so she has to really work to get it out. She sounds like she is full of energy, training classes may help, but get your sister to find one that is activity based, I think she would be bored just doing the bog standard obedience exercises.

7. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Yes i think your right there jenny, she really does need something that is active in training, Ill pass the black kong info onto my sister (ty for that) and i think ill invest in some for my girls, even tho mine are well good indoors i still think it will give them all something to do wile they are indoors.

i took her out a lil wile ago, walking there took a good hour nearly, and that was cutting over fields ect, when we got there she had a brilliant run for hours, all in all we was out nearly 6 hours and she still went back home, had a drink and was up and ready for more running :eek: hard to believe but its true, her mum ( who i own) has energy to burn but she isnt on the go indoors like this one lol.
    would'nt be so bad i she sat still indoors but she don't lol.

Firefly13 likes this.
  8. carol

carol PetForums VIP

have you looked into her food might be that she got a lot of energy because she's getting to much or to much protein

9. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

I'll mention this to my sister, Thanks for that Carol :)

What sort of food would you or other people reading this thread recomend and why?

I Think different types of food complement different breeds don't they?

10. carol

carol PetForums VIP

with mine dogs dally's they cant have high protein food so i give mine greyhound food which is 18% and tripe,
    my dogs have the complete dog food in the morning and the tripe in the evening.
    but i have seen dog food so high in protein most dogs dont need that much ive seen it in the 30% odd
    and if your dog have been done they dont need as much as what people think, people go by whats on the packet for their size dog these are mostly way to much and isa guide line and its a case of testing out how much your dogs really really needs.
    i would go for about a 20% protein food
    and for a dog a working dog would need more protein if they are working or very active things like aguility etc,
    they need it like tess she has complete food of 24% but then not as much as they say on the packet she dont need it all.

its like my friend boxer he always had the runs not matter what they gave him,
    so i got him onto a small amount of complete food in the morning and tripe in the evening and they have never looked back, no more runs.

and the vets have a lovely side line on the dog food they sell most get commission on the food they sell as well so they push these owners to buy there food science plan etc. which has got a lot of protein in it.

11. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

OOOO thanks for that carol, gonna tell my sister to look at the protein on her food and tell her to have a look around for food with 20% protein if its not already that on the food shes having now.
    again thx alot :D

12. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Oh im gonna invest in an activity ball aswell, something different from the kong we are gonna get would also keep her occupied, that way at least she will have lots of different activity toys if should get fed up with one or the other in the day.
    thx for that :)

13. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

yes thanxs from me too my pup has just started playing up barking in the night and chewing things, I'm going to try all the advice too :)

14. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

I have found that throwing a pint of water in dogs faces and simpy saying *quiet* works.

My sister had that with her dog and her dog would bark all hours of the night with every little noise, i see it on tv so i told her to try it and it worked lol, she stopped the night barking coz she so hated the wetness in her face and then laying on a damp bed afterwards.
    Was funny tho, coz i see my sister do it a few times to her dog and her dog went into total shock and was sitting there blinking as if to say, wtf did ya do that 4 lmao.

I also tryed the pebbles in a bottle aswell, if your dog did something you did'nt want them to do, just shake or throw the bottle of pebbles near them, they hate it, it worked when my dog would rush out at night barking her face of at thin air :mad: I'ld shake the bottle and she shut up coz she hated it, It also worked for my other sisters dog who had a thing about jumping up at people who walked in the front door, A few throws of that bottle scared the life out of him, but it worked, he don't jump up nomore at noone so it was all worth it :D. By the way, ya throw the bottle near them an not actually at them hehehe. altho sometimes i bet we wished we could lol. joke btw :D

Was funny because i was having trouble with my deaf dog jumping up people who walked in the door, so my sister said to me, try the bottle treatment, i'm like..errr she's deaf ya nutter, lmao, plus she loves empty cola bottles, she grabs them out ya hand the minute she see's us down the last bit of cola lol coz she likes throwing them in the air and skidding around the floor on them rofl.

As for my sisters dog barking outside when let out for her last wee at night, The bottle treatment DID'NT WORK LOL grrrr :mad:

15. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

thanks for the info, dont know why he has started doing this now Its keeping us awake and I dont want nextdoor complaining
    Dogs are funny things my girl Angel loves and empty bottle too :)

16. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Hehehe all my dogs love the empty cola bottles to play with, My deaf dog has a lid fetish aswell.
    It could be any sort of lid, like polish lids, air freshner lids, leather cleaning lid, even as small as maskara lids, we have to watch where we put lids coz you look around and the lid and my deafy has gone lol.

17. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

yes keep an eye on her wouldnt want her eating the small ones

18. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

OHHH yes, i forget to mention this when regarding lil breeds lol, all i was thinking about was the bigger breeds :eek: a pint of water would take their lil bit of breaths away bless em lol.

Dread the thought of someone lobbing a pint of water at a teacup chi lol.

lol @ bucket for large breeds hahaha

19. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Yep, thats one thing i always do, coz my deafy has a thing about my makeup bag aswell, makeup bag = loadsa lids, she loves the powder brush and when i lift lids of my maskara and eye liners ect, im totally on the look out lol.
    She kinda slides her foot along all crafty from behind me and slides the lids towards her, shes clued up i give her that, but not as half as clued up as i am when shes on the tea leaf for my lids lmao.

20. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

hee hee dogs are so cheeky:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice