UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my 3 for their normal walkies last night, and all was fine, recall was great, and was a lovely walk until we got to a woodland area.

Cleo (Parsons JRT) ran off and vanished!!!

For 5 minutes I heard nothing, then a dog yelp!!!

A deer then came out right past us and Molly (greyhound) went mad!! Swinging off the lead.

At this point I panicked, my cottage was in sight, so I rang my OH and said to get the whistle and to come get Molly and Pixie (my other 2) I ran down the field towards him , pixie being a small puppy couldn't keep up, so picked her up and legged it!!

Got back to where I lost her and a couple of minutes later I heard another yelp, I ran through the barbed wire to get to her but couldn't see her, I was whistling, calling etc...no signs!!

15 minutes later I heard barking, I whistled and made an excited "COME COME COME" and she came running out, limping a little on her front left but was ok, she was caked in mud, so me thinks she was in a rabbit/badger/fox hole.

On her front right she had a tick, yes a tick....with a little lump, and that's all she got!!!

She was very very lucky to get off lightly!!

I thought it was serious the way she yelped!!

I was soooo happy to have her back and gave her a huge cuddle and couldn't let her go!!

She was very worn out and slept like an angel!!!

Just relieved and very happy she came back safe and sound

Not sure who was more worn out....lol!!

xxxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very!!

I was so worried as to how I would find her!!!

So happy she is safe and well!!

xx

·
Banned
8,756 Posts
i know exactly what that panic feels like, and the overwhelming relief when they come back :)

im so pleased she is back and safe

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Glad to hear you found her and she's ok. I can only imagine the pain you went through especially after seeing the deer and hearing her yelp.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Aww glad all is well :( they worry us worse than human children they really do!

Worst experience we've had with Max being off lead was when he was a baby, we took him down our local park... Let him off the lead and for whatever reason he shot off hell for leather and ran straight into a bench! goodness me he didn't half yelp! winded him I think... Was ok after a fuss, but horrifying watching him :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.