Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Vegan area?

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Suggestions' started by FeelTheBern, Mar 12, 2018.

1. CuddleMonster

CuddleMonster PetForums VIP

Yes, maybe we should have a weather section with sub-divisions for snow, rain and sun - I noticed quite a few snowy threads last week!

Lurcherlad and kimthecat like this.
  2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

I. think we can live with a few vegan threads.

We tolerated the endless Brexit threads, all of which seemed to follow the same pattern and end the same way.

#42 Rafa, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  3. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Now that's a good idea, a special place for all the Brits to hang and discuss the weather:Hilarious:Hilarious:Hilarious

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I don't think the vegan threads need their own sub-forum. Would we then have to have one for meat eaters just to keep the balance?

5. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

I avoid the weather threads too as far as possible and don't post pictures of snow.

kimthecat likes this.
  6. ouesi

ouesi Guest

Yes at least the vegan threads aren't argumentative at all. Just people trying to make conscientious choices and have fun with some creativity in the kitchen :D

That would be a rocking section of the forum :Hilarious:Hilarious

7. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Maybe have a food subsection so cooking and baking and eating and basically anything to do with food could be all lumped together?

8. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Sounds reasonable; but I suspect (at risk of being labelled 'hostile') that the vegans won't want to machete their way thro' a load of Beef Wellingtons, lemon chicken and smoked salmon mousse to get to what they cook themselves. Just saying!.

9. ouesi

ouesi Guest

I wouldn't mind, as I've already said, I'll watch cooking videos of stuff I don't eat and have no intention of making. Just curious :)

But that said, I don't think we need another subforum. There are too many already IMHO.

Lurcherlad and Cleo38 like this.
  10. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

You're sayin' wrong then .... I go on to Weightloss & fitness thread & there's been stuff on there about low cal meals that aren't vegan yet somehow I 'manage' to get through them. Not sure what your problem seems to be about veganism is tbh, if you're not interested then don't read them.

I'm not bothered by what others do, I butcher road kill for my dogs so am not going to be upset about about recipes involving meat. Anyway, surely we don't need anther subforum. Are people really that lazy they can't just scroll past threads they have no interest in?!

11. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Commander of a tiny, furry army
    Staff Member

Got to be careful with all the sub sections & sub sub sections, I have all my bookmarks in folders, subfolders, sub subfolders & sub sub subfolders....

Guess who can't find anything she's bookmarked :Shifty

12. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

I have lots of recipe books that I have collected or inherited over the years, I may be vegan but I still enjoy looking at cookbooks and adapting favourite recipes, I'm sure many vegans/vegetarians are used to adapting recipes.

13. CuddleMonster

I'm not a vegetarian but I do eat a mostly vegetarian diet and I also enjoy adapting meat recipes to be veggie only.

ouesi likes this.
  14. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Commander of a tiny, furry army
    Staff Member

I just substitute meat for mushrooms in a lot of things & it works quite well.

I'm really enjoying plant milks but still haven't found a decent cheese substitute, particularly a nice mozarella that melts & goes all stringy!

LinznMilly and CuddleMonster like this.
  15. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Sainsbury’s Free From ready grated cheddar worked quite well in a toastie the other day :)

Cleo38 and simplysardonic like this.
  16. ouesi

ouesi Guest

I love playing with recipes too :) I don't think I've ever followed a recipe exactly, either I don't have that ingredient and replace it with something else, or I don't like it and replace it, or I decide to get creative and add other stuff..
    Plus I'm terrible about measuring and usually go by eye and taste. It's fun but my family never gets the same meal which is fine if you like variety, but not when they say "this is awesome, can you make it exactly like this again?" Um... nope... :oops:

CuddleMonster likes this.
  17. CuddleMonster

I have a gingerbread recipe like that - sometimes I chuck in some crystallised ginger, sometimes some sultanas, sometimes both and the amount of powdered ginger varies too.

ouesi likes this.
  18. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

I'm very much enjoying that this turned into vegan recipe tips :Hilarious

19. ouesi

ouesi Guest

I know right? :Hilarious

If we had a different section for all things vegan would this thread have to be moved? :D

Gemmaa and Lurcherlad like this.
  20. CuddleMonster

:D:D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice