Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Vacuum Cleaners.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gsd_mad, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Gsd_mad

Gsd_mad PetForums Member

What Vacuum cleaners do people use? I am trying to find a decent, cheapish hoover, thats used for pet hair etc aswell.
    Any idea's on what to look at, and where to get one from? Thanks :D

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

henrys are pretty good but dont know how much they are there used in the industry and are pretty reliable. currys and comet do them i think. We have a panasonic upright its suck is very good but awkward on stairs.

3. BigBearsRule

BigBearsRule PetForums Senior

I cannot recommend a cheap hoover, but I can recommend the new DysonBall Animal. I have found it truely revolutionary. It actually does pick up all the dog hairs. It manages to suck up alot of the doggy smell too.

The only down side is the price over £200:eek:

4. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I kill most hoovers that come through this door. However I am in need of a new one, so I shall be watching this thread with avid interest.

5. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

we've got a wee dirt devil (one that trundles along behind and has a wand)that we bought from homebase for 40 quid that's brilliant with rat poo and cat hair. I'm not sure they do the exact same model any more but around the same price ones of theirs are no doubt as good.

Tincy bag lasts for ages and you get a filter with the new bags too so extra good value of dosh. loads of suction and pretty long power cable allows me to do the whole living room and halfway into the kitchen and right up the stairs (small terrace house living room is about 8m long).

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Tesco had a deal on a good hoover, not sure if it's still on deal it was about £50 and apparently good with dog hair.

We have an ancient dyson we can't afford to get a new one that will get the hair so we are currently waiting on another dyson to take apart and use the bits for and hope it improves ours! Lol

I would love a purple dyson :D

x

7. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Every single vacuum I've had I have destroyed in 6 months! The last one I bought was a Henry and I think its great! The first one I am actually happy with and its not been broken! I think you can buy the special attachments for pet hair etc ..

8. SeaThreePeeO

You must be very much like me. I have managed to kill an industrial Vax hoover/carpet cleaner.

9. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Ive a dyson got it about 2 years ago its good but not £350 good.

10. only1bert

only1bert PetForums Newbie

We have a dyson aswell, not cheap but gets the dog hairs up and parrot seeds without any issues!

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I don't know what mine is. I got it from Buy As You View. It's a red upright one and it has a detachable bit you can hoover your stairs etc.

12. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

lol I've never had a hoover last long, I always get warranties on them now and change models when they die on me!

They are the most frustrating things ever!

13. SeaThreePeeO

I suspect that my problem is I probably expect them to suck up things the designers never imagined :D

14. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

I have the Dyson Animal.....brilliant!!!!

15. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

Dyson, wouldnt be caught without it, I hoover every room 3 times a day, once a day i hoover the curtains, the sofa and then I put it on the low setting and hoover the dog :)

16. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

A lady said to me the last time I brought my hoover back "what are you doing to them, hoovering nails up?" I said no! I suspect somethings get sucked up though .... :eek: lol

17. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

I have the dyson animal too. it copes with my 6 hairy mutts and the crap the parrot chucks out his cage brilliantly. have had it for a few years now.

18. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I have a Hoover The boss .I did have a dyson but Zoe killed it so OH threw it away.

19. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

I've had three Dysons and I hate the bloody things, they were all brilliant until just after the warranty ran out then they alllllllllll died on me. I now have a Bissell lift of and its brilliant, I've also got a Bissell pro heat x 2 carpet cleaner and it does a great job.

Terri

20. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ive known 4 people that have had dysons and they have all died a death very early on . Id never get one. But i suppose things last some people longer than others and you get good and bad in any hoover.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice