Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Vaccinations

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by ShelleyFry, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ShelleyFry

ShelleyFry PetForums Newbie

I have recently adopted a puppy who has had his 1st lot of injections. I contacted my Vets who don't do the brand he has had so therefore has to start again. I am wondering if this might be too much and to find somewhere else that does stock it

2. Blondie

Blondie PetForums VIP

Its not something I would do or recommend. :(

I am quite extreme in my vax views but if you do want your dog vax'd, I would wait 6 months and then start again anew. I just dont think mixing brands up is a good thing unless its the same vax in the same quantities - you can look them up on the web if you have the manufacturers name and the name of the vax.

Its really only something you can decide, I could put loads of stuff on here about vax's, but think its best you research yourself, if you want to.;)

3. binaryferret

binaryferret PetForums Junior

Could you not just ring around different vets, to find one who does do the vax in question? I know it won't be your vet, and might be out of the way, but for a one off trip to finish the injections it's not so bad.

4. ShelleyFry

:confused: Hmm yes, I have found searching Eurican that it should not be mixed :confused: Seems none of the local vets stock it they only do Nobivac and Duramune :eek:

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Can you not go to the vets where the first injection was given?

6. ShelleyFry

It's is a bit out of the way but we now have an appointment at the Vets that gave the initial Vax. Thanks for you adivce

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice