Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Vaccination Thread

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by the melster, Apr 8, 2011.

1. the melster

the melster PetForums Senior

I've searched for this but can't find it now. There was a thread about vaccinations where I said I was going to titre test mine and somebody posted about using a certain method where the vaccinations are rotated. Can anybody enlighten me ?

2. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

3. the melster

the melster PetForums Senior

How did you find that :blink: I searched all ways and couldn't find it. thanks

4. vetgirl

vetgirl PetForums Newbie

The vaccine rotation is a practice policy depending on the vet you use. Dog are typically vaccinated against parvo, PI3, canine hepatitis, distemper and lepto. Your dog will need an annual booster but not each disease will be covered each year as immunity last longer for distemper (around 3 years) than lepto (only one year). This makes no difference to your dog as they get one injection each year regardless of what is in it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice