UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presently live in the midlands and in a couple of weeks time I will be relocating to London for work (and sadly having to give up breeding, at least for a while).

I have a litter of kittens at the moment who will have their first vaccination here, and then their second vaccinations in London.

Yesterday I called round some vets in London to get an idea of vaccination costs and to get them booked in. I probably shouldn't be surprised, but the cost in London is 3x what I pay now :eek: :rolleyes: :yikes:

I just wondered what other people pay on average for kitten vaccs.......

G

·
Depends on what vet I go to. I have now started going to Easipetcare and it is £25 for full course but my vet before that charge around £65 and are only a few mile from each other.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
oxfordshire i pay £57 for 1st full vaccination including leukemia, without leukemia its £24 boosters are 34.
did you ask for a breeder discount when you phoned, some vets do and they give 10% per litter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. That's interesting.

I pay about £30 per kitten now for first course (without leukaemia) and with a breeder discount.

London prices are about £94 for the same.

MLB - I've used Easipetcare in Northants before and they are great value. They're a bit further away than my regular vets tho and sadly no branches in London!

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
I have a litter of kittens at the moment who will have their first vaccination here, and then their second vaccinations in London.
Most vets I know charge upfront for the whole course with kittens. Moving in between vaccs could get very expensive indeed if you don't check with both ends that you're not paying for the whole lot twice over. It may be worth delaying the first vaccination.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Most vets I know charge upfront for the whole course with kittens. Moving in between vaccs could get very expensive indeed if you don't check with both ends that you're not paying for the whole lot twice over. It may be worth delaying the first vaccination.
Hi, they have had their first vaccination already. My vets are happy to break it down and always let me do so, to spread the cost a bit.

I've rung around a lot of vets and explained the situation, and none have had any problem in just giving and charging for second vacc alone. Don't ask, don't get!!

I've booked them in at a vets in London for their second vaccs, so all sorted. My only shock was the prices!!! Hence this thread :)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
We pay for a package costing £52 for a full course of first and second vaccinations includes leaukemia, worming, frontline, and microchip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.