UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at puppy vaccinations, as I'm getting my new pup in 5 days :D

But have seen a few threads about vaccinations and people agreeing and people disagreeing, can't find the thread now though lol! So my question is, if you didn't get puppy vaccinations, what else would you do instead? I'm looking into the titre testing, but unsure if that would be enough?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My older dog has had all her jabs, and her annual ones every year. My 13mnth old Staffy has only had puppy jabs, but if i remember right in the other thread people were saying they weren't bothering with puppy ones!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I think most people on here would advocate puppy jabs. We have had new members who bought pups with Parvo and it was touch and go whether they survived. My dogs in the past only ever had the puppy innoculations and then nothing else. Now I might continue with boosters or look into Titre testing but I wouldn't not innoculate a puppy.

·
Registered
15,290 Posts
I'd give puppy vaccinations and possibly the 1 year booster but if I had the choice that would be it. I keep my dogs up to date because I don't want to run into problems taking him back to the UK and because I may well need to put him in kennels at very short notice again.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
After my friends pup,came down with Parvo,its just not worth the risk.
It had to be pts:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
My older dog has had all her jabs, and her annual ones every year. My 13mnth old Staffy has only had puppy jabs, but if i remember right in the other thread people were saying they weren't bothering with puppy ones!
Hi!
There is lots of conflicting information on vaccines out there right now.
I don't feel qualified to advise on vaccines, I suggest reading as much as you can. There is no medical evidence that this is necessary. My vet recommends the first couple years shots then every three years, but do your own research to make decisions for your dog! There is also no medical evidence for boosters every three years...I'm still reading and talking to others about vaccines.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been looking at puppy vaccinations, as I'm getting my new pup in 5 days :D

But have seen a few threads about vaccinations and people agreeing and people disagreeing, can't find the thread now though lol! So my question is, if you didn't get puppy vaccinations, what else would you do instead? I'm looking into the titre testing, but unsure if that would be enough?
Hi!
There is lots of conflicting information on vaccines out there right now.
I don't feel qualified to advise on vaccines, I suggest reading as much as you can. There is no medical evidence that this is necessary. My vet recommends the first couple years shots then every three years, but do your own research to make decisions for your dog! There is also no medical evidence for boosters every three years...I'm still reading and talking to others about vaccines.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Always get puppy jabs and then 1 year booster after that just titre test

·
Slave to the Black & Tans and the Trundle Bugs.
13,470 Posts

·
Slave to the Black & Tans and the Trundle Bugs.
13,470 Posts
Urrgh didn't see how old it was.... Removing my post...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.