Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Uti ?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by jaycee05, Oct 12, 2013.

1. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

Does anyone know how a vet diagnoses a uti, not sure if one of my cats has one, she wees just anywhere --sometimes, but usually worse when in season, I am going to a new vet with her, but just wondered f I would have to take a sample with me or would he be able to tell by what I tell him or at least have an idea, she washes herself often in that area, but not sure if its a season problem or a uti

2. Cosmills

Cosmills PetForums VIP

Wee sample ..... You can buy special litter that does on absorb .. It comes with a sample bottle and a pipett .. Forget wot its called , think I got some from viovet

My boy get stress cystitis so I always have a bag in

3. gentoo1980

gentoo1980 PetForums Member

You should take a sample just in case they need it.

Since joining this forum I've found out it's quite common for a vet to just stick a needle into the bladder to get a samlp that way.

It's much easier that way and it's painless. I guess they get a fresh sample too so don't freak out if that's what your vet decides to do.

4. Cosmills

Cosmills PetForums VIP

5. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

I had my Siamese who had kidney failure diagnosed that way, and it didn't bother him at all
    It does get worse when shes in season,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice