Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Using Social Media

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Luis Carrasquel, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Luis Carrasquel

Luis Carrasquel PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone, what do you think of social media in this business? Have you gained any leads or customers using social media? What platform do you use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram? Have you paid for advertising in them? Does it work?
    I know you should have them but I don't want to spend loads of time and money if they don't work, what do you think? Thank you

#1 Luis Carrasquel, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  2. Carly258

Carly258 PetForums Junior

We have had a Facebook and Twitter account since we started almost 7 years ago and it is well worth it considering they are free! We have gained quite a lot of customers from it too. We have paid for advertising in the past (around Christmas/school holidays etc) and it did bring in a bit of work but not enough to warrant the cost. If you do decide to run a promotion on say Facebook, make sure you keep an eye on the cost limit as it can end up being higher than you set initially for some reason! I personally still think a good website and Google ranking is the best tool you can have. Hope that helps!

Luis Carrasquel likes this.
  3. Ownedbymany

Ownedbymany PetForums Senior

I have facebook, instagram and twitter but rarely bother to post on the latter two.

Facebook is where I've got most of my clients from other than word of mouth.
    I've paid advertised for maybe 3 ads on a very small budget and got 1 client from it.
    It is getting harder and harder to get organic reach on Facebook as they keep changing it to encourage more people to pay.

Is it worth having a page? I would say so but don't rely on it bringing in business. I've also noticed more and more local pet businesses, even the more established ones are running Facebook ads. I'm not saying it's the same in your area but make sure if you are paying that you make your advert stand out.

4. Darrell Jones

Darrell Jones PetForums Member

I've gained 80% of my clients through my facebook page, though I don't pay for ad's. I share my page on all the local selling sites etc. I also post pics daily of the clients dogs on their walks. Their owners like seeing the posts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice