UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought of using a Mynwood Cat Jacket to cover an area of sore, stitches etc instead of using an elizabethan collar. I have had a few customers use them for this reason when obsessive licking an sores have been a problem. The cat wears it all the time indoors and seems happier and because the area is covered up it heals quicker. My jackets are made using natural materials against the skin so breathable.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Sounds a good idea, tried ringing you today thinking I might give you new measurements for Harvey and give him the new tartan jacket whilst letting Reuben have his old red one. Harvey is butching up and needs a little more slack in his jacket, the old one fits Reuben fine.

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
To be honest, I wouldn't use them for that purpose, however, if you could make a loose body glove like the anti-suckling jackets that someone else makes, I'd love one! I've used these for sore spots and will again. They're fab.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had quite a few clients using my jackets very successfully for these reasons. Ive had amputee cats (front leg) too and it seems really successful for that. Ive had recently a couple of customers whos cat's obsessively licked a patch on the back and it worked - it doesnt rub as its snug and comfortable too - ive sometimes had to adjust the length to accomodate tumors etc too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds a good idea, tried ringing you today thinking I might give you new measurements for Harvey and give him the new tartan jacket whilst letting Reuben have his old red one. Harvey is butching up and needs a little more slack in his jacket, the old one fits Reuben fine.
Lovely speaking to you tonight, will let you know when Harvey's jacket is posted. xxx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope i agree, my jackets dont really cover the tummy area because the chest strap is not that wide. I designed it so that it doesnt overheat the cat while wearing. The last thing you want is for your puss to get hot near a wound on the tummy area.

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
I see you're reluctant for suggestions, so will bow out now and not comment any further. I do love your jackets for the purpose they were made for, i.e harnesses. They're fab at that. But my preference will always be for a light cotton body glove to stop suckling or to protect wounds. Just a pity they will not be part of your range as you'd have had a lot of breeders interested.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see you're reluctant for suggestions, so will bow out now and not comment any further. I do love your jackets for the purpose they were made for, i.e harnesses. They're fab at that. But my preference will always be for a light cotton body glove to stop suckling or to protect wounds. Just a pity they will not be part of your range as you'd have had a lot of breeders interested.
Hi there lovey, just seen your post about this issue and im sorry for not replying before. My jackets are not stretchy or like a body glove as if they are more sturdy and secure for walking. I could suggest using a baby vest or something like that. I can make the chest strap much wider to cover the area on the tummy like i said but its not stretchy.
maria
x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.