Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Using a Mynwood Cat Jacket during a recovery

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by marianewbengalowner, Nov 6, 2012.

1. marianewbengalowner

marianewbengalowner PetForums Junior

Has anyone thought of using a Mynwood Cat Jacket to cover an area of sore, stitches etc instead of using an elizabethan collar. I have had a few customers use them for this reason when obsessive licking an sores have been a problem. The cat wears it all the time indoors and seems happier and because the area is covered up it heals quicker. My jackets are made using natural materials against the skin so breathable.

2. Citrineblue

Citrineblue PetForums VIP

Sounds a good idea, tried ringing you today thinking I might give you new measurements for Harvey and give him the new tartan jacket whilst letting Reuben have his old red one. Harvey is butching up and needs a little more slack in his jacket, the old one fits Reuben fine.

3. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

I think that it might rub a bit and make it sore:(
    If it wasn't on too tight it might work though.

4. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

To be honest, I wouldn't use them for that purpose, however, if you could make a loose body glove like the anti-suckling jackets that someone else makes, I'd love one! I've used these for sore spots and will again. They're fab.

5. marianewbengalowner

Had quite a few clients using my jackets very successfully for these reasons. Ive had amputee cats (front leg) too and it seems really successful for that. Ive had recently a couple of customers whos cat's obsessively licked a patch on the back and it worked - it doesnt rub as its snug and comfortable too - ive sometimes had to adjust the length to accomodate tumors etc too.

6. marianewbengalowner

Lovely speaking to you tonight, will let you know when Harvey's jacket is posted. xxx

7. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

They wouldn't be great if the cat had a sore tummy though, for example, which is why I'm wondering if you'd consider making the body glove types.

8. marianewbengalowner

nope i agree, my jackets dont really cover the tummy area because the chest strap is not that wide. I designed it so that it doesnt overheat the cat while wearing. The last thing you want is for your puss to get hot near a wound on the tummy area.

9. marianewbengalowner

Its on its way! just emailed you x

10. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

I see you're reluctant for suggestions, so will bow out now and not comment any further. I do love your jackets for the purpose they were made for, i.e harnesses. They're fab at that. But my preference will always be for a light cotton body glove to stop suckling or to protect wounds. Just a pity they will not be part of your range as you'd have had a lot of breeders interested.

11. Citrineblue

Citrineblue PetForums VIP

Thank you Maria,

I will send photos of the boys in their jackets as soon as we go out again in the nice weather!!!

12. marianewbengalowner

Hi there lovey, just seen your post about this issue and im sorry for not replying before. My jackets are not stretchy or like a body glove as if they are more sturdy and secure for walking. I could suggest using a baby vest or something like that. I can make the chest strap much wider to cover the area on the tummy like i said but its not stretchy.
    maria
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice