Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Used to hate Cats!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by xTammi, Sep 8, 2013.

1. xTammi

xTammi PetForums Junior

Up until about 3 years ago I absolutely hated cats, I was terrified of them and thought they were just evil little things......

Tonight I am sitting with my 3 gorgeous little ones! My 2 and a half year old girl is asleep at my head, my 1 and a half year old boy is asleep at my feet and my 4 month old boy kitten is next to him asleep also. Oh how times have changed, I never thought I would be crazy about cats!!

Just had to share :)

2. Azriel391

Azriel391 PetForums VIP

Hi welcome to pf , we need pics of your gorgeous trio ! Welcome to cat crazy xx

3. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

I'm sensing you have a story to share with the group then!

Welcome to pf :)

4. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

As Azriel says, we need proof of these cats.....pictures please!

5. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Yes, welcome, and piccies are a must :D

How did you become a cat owner and cat lover? Maybe you could teach my next-door neighbour how to not dislike cats too... :eek:

6. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Can I ask why you thought they were evil? Was it something you were told in childhood or..?

7. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

that is a lovely story:), so many people have issues with cats but i believe as we get older they are the ideal loving companion:) then there are people who get a kitten on a whim and then cant understand their behaviour, sleepless nights,climbing on everything, making a mess and they then forget to have fun and enjoy this stage, if you regularly play with your kitten they keep this playfullness with them as they get older and dont grow up to be aloof and distant, i ve always been more of a dog person but as i ve gotten older i have realised that i always had a deep love of cats and i have discovered that they love me too . you are so lucky to have 3 ,i only have one presently but i plan to get my boy a playmate soon i hope. i hope you stay with this forum you will learn a lot and we are a friendly bunch too and we do like to have fun as well:D

8. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Would love to see pics of your trio :D

That made me :lol: like we're all in a therapy group :D :D

9. Cheryl89

Awww I could never understand why anyone could dislike cats, I think they are so mysterious and their eyes tell soooo many stories... god I sound obsessed....ah what the hell - I am obsessed! :crazy:

Congratulations on your lovely kitties....sorry BUT i need to see pics too - so quick quick! lol :) :) xxx

10. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Welcome and truly - you would never believe how many people on this forum started their cat-loving lives the way you did - me among them.

To me, they were like furry snakes, or slugs with claws! I found this whole 'weaving-round-your-legs-and-rubbing-on-you" thing disgusting in the extreme. Then my daughter begged for a kitten, and we ended up with two, and added a third a few years later!

I've never looked back. My only remaining cat was 21 last month. Here she is doing her favourite thing - sleeping. Her favourite thing used to be tormenting the dog, but she can't be bothered with that these days, except as an occasional treat for herself.

IMG_0216.jpg

The other two got to 18. I would love another kitten, but feel it would be unfair on Ollie, as she is a very old lady now, and I don't want some feisty little moggy getting on her wick - or even beating her up!

But it's a fact that once in the house, they get their little paws around your heart, dig in their claws and never let you go. (Not that you want them to!)

#10 lostbear, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  11. Mum to Missy

Mum to Missy PetForums VIP

So glad you have seen the light :)

I didn't hate cats but I can't say I liked them much either, to me they were animals that pooped in my garden and annoyed my dog.

Then I got Missy a few weeks ago and I'm totally smitten, every time I look at her I fall in love a little bit more and last thing at night or first thing in the morning when I'm lying in bed and having our cuddle I can't imagine life without a cat in it, or more precisely I can't imagine life without Missy in it. :)

I've turned into one of those crazy cat women who talk about their cats all the time :D

12. xTammi

xTammi PetForums Junior

No one in my family owned cats, I didn't know anyone who had cats and the very few times in my life I encountered one they just seemed mean.... Their owners would say "Oh don't touch her or she'll scratch you." So yes I just thought they were all little plotters of evil and were out to attack haha!

I wanted to get a dog and Hubby felt we couldn't commit to the constant walking, etc a dog requires due to working hours so he suggested a cat which of course I reacted to with horror. He done a lot of work with me for a few months with reassuring me cats can be very loving and how fondly he remembers his cats growing up, etc until I finally agreed. The first day we brought our girl home I was excited but I was still very nervous and jumpy and didn't want to be left alone with her just incase she "got me".... Yes I really thought she might just randomly turn and go for the kill and I'd be helpless lol!!

Needless to say I fell in love and that was it :)

How do you add pics on here?

13. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

They come in and steal your heart, and you will indeed be helpless.... :D

14. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Its lovely to hear when someone is converted. Look what you would have missed. :)

15. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

hi tammi ,if the photos are already on your computer, then when you have written a post stay there and click on the paperclip next to the smiley face up top,
    then a pop up window will appear click browse
    then find pic -
    then click upload-
    wait for upload to finnish
    you can add up to 5 at a time depending on size just stay on there and repeat
    come out of the pop up window
    and you can preveiw post before submitting it
    easy peasy
    lol took me a long time to work it out-someone had to tell me too:eek:

cant wait to see your pics:)

16. Ponies78

Ponies78 PetForums Junior

See I love ALL cats. Mostly other people's cats don't really like me. I do think there is some truth behind the stories that cats are drawn to those who dislike the,.
    Now I was never a dog person. I liked my childhood dog, and my mums dog. Got a puppy 5 months ago and I'm smitten!

Getting a kitten soon though. ;)

17. xTammi

xTammi PetForums Junior

Hurrah it worked!

Carla is our girl, black and white, about 2 and a half years.

Marley is our boy, all black, about 1 and a half years.

Leo is our new kitten boy, ginger, about 5months.

Attached Files:

18. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

I used to feel the same way but this lot here have totally converted me to the dark side.:D

19. rose

rose PetForums VIP

Cute pussies, I especially love the ginger one!

20. xTammi

xTammi PetForums Junior

I shall try and upload some more.....

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice