Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Use Flushable Doggy Bag, Interesting experience

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by stikhuang, Jan 5, 2008.

1. stikhuang

stikhuang Banned

I bought a flushable doggy bag from website and tried it for my dog. It sounds very nice. When I put it into the toilet. The bag became soft in water and then be flushed in to pipe. Very interesting!! I think it's great product I should recommend to you all. At last, it's completely biodegradable. Find on web yourself. It's completely new invention, I think. Hah Hah!

2. Where did you get it from?

3. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Sounds interesting.

But if i brought home in them bags what my dogs do on a run and picking up what they do in the garden, il'd be flushing all day long going into the night roflmao :D

4. carol

carol PetForums VIP

sounds good
    ok if got one or maybe two dogs
    but same here will be allday in the toilet the same as above lol lol

5. kelly

kelly PetForums Member

sounds interesting but dont really want to carry dog poo all the way home after a walk as we often drive 20mins down road to our local woods and the smell would be awful!! lol!!:)

6. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

ROFLMAO...i can imagine, bad enough carting it in from the garden, omg i heave like a good un, 20 min car ride with that in me motor would just about do me in good and propa :eek:

7. stikhuang

stikhuang Banned

8. stikhuang

stikhuang Banned

Well my friend, I agree that it's not convenient for flush it into toilet, but how about install some flushable facilities along the path, garden, park, seashore and so on. I think it will be more convenient and the best way to help our earth.:)

Well, see the new invented flushable facility in Pethabitats.com

Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags, Pet Waste Disposal Systems by PetHabitats

I don't mean to do advertisement for them, but they are the only one who sell the flushable bag on net.:)

9. stikhuang

stikhuang Banned

Well, I think you should notice that this bag not only can be flushed into toilet! It can be thrown into rubbish bin also. The same like normal PE bags. But it has a extra function that it can be flushed. Well I think if our government can help to install the flushable facilities in public. I think it might great help!!:rolleyes:

10. Magik

Magik Guest

I prefer to put my dog's poo's in my wheelie bin as it deters any would-be identity theives from going through my rubbish!!

11. I use the same tactics.

12. PatioDogDoors

PatioDogDoors PetForums Member

i see let me try that one.

13. kat74_uk

kat74_uk PetForums Newbie

Hmm, I have a worry...it these become soft in water-what happens when you're in the garden/park/forest & it is raining-? surely as you scoop up the poop- the rain hitting the bag will make it start to turn soft-and you will end up with either dog poo on your hands, in your car- or it drops out whilst you're taking it up to flush it down the loo?
    This is a massive worry- seeing as 60-70% of the time-its raining in the uk!!!

14. katiefranke

katiefranke PetForums VIP

Just what I was thinking!!! :eek:

15. WaveRider

WaveRider PetForums Senior

I dont think the concept is good as your only adding to the water wastage issue. Why flush the toilet when you can put the poop in the dustbin. :(

16. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Surely we already have a method for environmentally friendly dog poo disposal - composting toilet systems. They don't waste water! All you need to do is dig a hole....

17. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Don't you have to double-wrap it? If you don't here, they won't empty your bin!

18. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

They are called public toilets.... although I suppose finding one that actually flushes is nothing short of a miracle these days LOL

I don't think it's a good idea.... why carry it all the way home with you when there are poo bins in the park and other places? I just don't see the point in it.... and why flush the bag? If you were at home, couldn't you just bag up the poo and then empty the bag into the toilet, and flush it without a bag? Surely that's more environmentally friendly than putting any bag down the toilet?

19. lady_r0gue

lady_r0gue PetForums Senior

Hm, I'm not convinced that a bag full of turd wouldn't block my toilet, biodegradable or not - after all it gets blocked if I flush a bit of kitchen roll down it. Even if it does work, I can't see how flushing a poo down the toilet using between 6 and 13 litres of water each time can possibly be construed as helping the environment. Unless of course you have a system in your home to collect rainwater or re-use your bathwater, it's totally counterproductive.

We're lucky where we live - about 90% of my dog's crimes against the environment are committed within 10 metres of a tidal river so most of the time I'll just pick them up with improvised chopsticks made from twigs and chuck the lot in... It sinks straightaway and leaves no nasty surprises for the bin-man. If he goes in the park or garden it's going in the bin outdoors or gets buried, I'm not about to traipse it through the house and upstairs to the bathroom! And if there were to be any accidents indoors, it'd go down the loo wrapped in bog roll, not a pointless little bag. So sorry, I won't be buying your product :rolleyes:

ps OH MY DAYS as well they are also selling a "Pooch Pouch" -
    [​IMG] hahahaha what a revolting idea! A special bum bag to put your dog sh*t in!
    I would pay to see this company on the Dragon's Den... [​IMG]

#19 lady_r0gue, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  20. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Personally, i like the fact that my poo bags survive going through the wash a few times. Im forever forgetting to empty my pockets before i stick my jeans in the machine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice