Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

urgh, so angry and disappointed :(

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Tigerneko, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Found out yesterday that one of the ladies I work with (although she really is so lovely) bought a puppy from a local puppy farm :( :mad:

We'd told her not to go there because of how cruel it was but she went against everything we'd said and still bought one :(

why do people have to do it? I just looked on their website and it makes me SO angry :mad: I don't know how anyone can think it's the right way to go about getting a puppy :cursing: :cursing:

Why can't people be educated about them a little more?

2. RowanWolf

RowanWolf PetForums Member

Ergh, some people are horrid and won't listen. I'd show her evidence of just why she should not have done that.

3. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Well you guys did everything you could, Just cant believe some one can go against your imformation like that! :(:cursing::(:cursing:

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

It's horrible and I know they're going to use the money towards breeding more pups but at least she got the pup out of a horrible situation! :)

5. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Unfortunately some people will listen to you then go ahead in the opposite direction :mad: I do hope that her pup is healthy or there could be lots of heartache ahead :(

6. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

thats is stupid!!:cursing: puppy farming will never end whilst people keep lining their pockets!!:cursing:......at least you tried your best to educate her xxx

7. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I had the same thing many years ago with a work colleague. She wouldnt hear a word against puppy farms and said they were the best place to go as you could choose from a lot of puppies. Actually if it wasnt for all the health issues and the way the dogs are treated she would have a very good point.

8. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Its so difficult for some people to be cruel to be kind, its so tempting to just want these pups out of the horrible conditions and bring them into a safe loving home, its the bigger picture we need to look at. Its such a shame.:mad:

9. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

As somebody who has never had a puppy, I would have gone and brought from a puppy farm. People do not know the difference between a good breeder and a BYB. I wouldn't buy a puppy anyway, but it is only the time I spend on here that has taught me the difference between the two.

Your typical person (OP's friend excluded because it was explained to her) will not pay any thought as to where they get it from. :(

10. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

People will always do as they please even after it has been explained to them. :(

It's frustrating but there is very little you can do about it apart from keep trying to get through.

We had some idiots opposite us who were determined to breed from both unregistered poorly bred bitches,I kept the pressure on them.You know what it took for them to decide to have their bitches spayed.....For them to see my bitch so poorly with Pyo.

11. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

My friends mum decided she was going to get a puppy and I tried to explain to her about puppy farms, decent breeders and rescues but she was having none of it, I even tried to get her to join here to read and ask. so I printed out loads of pics and and info about puppy farms which really upset her. Some of the pictures were pretty graffic and thankfully she has decided to look at rescues now.

My friend was trying to help persuade her mum too. :D

12. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

well done!! on making people aware of these terrible places:)

13. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

WEll done, hopefully she'll get a rescue x:)

14. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

I hope so. I'm sure people round here think I'm a mad dog lady :eek:ut:

15. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

#15 Johnderondon, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  16. chris75

chris75 PetForums Newbie

Sorry to hear that, but once you get in those places and see the puppies and the conditions they are its hard not to want to save one and look after it,
    I personnally think the kennell club should not let people register more than a couple of litters a year to that address then it might slow down the puppy farms, ive never been in one but can imagine the suffering that goes on:(
    even though i plan to have 1 litter from my girl, which i know i can rehome to alot of dog lovers in my family for NO profit, if im luckey to be blessed with a litter the will reared in my kitchen with all the love and attention they deserve:)

17. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

It wouldn't slow them down though,they would turn to other registration companies or would sell with no registration at all.
    Most PF's don't register puppies,some do but the majority don't.

18. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

In my town there is a poorly run pet shop and today we say two tiny puppies in thier window for 799$ there were flies on the windows :( I just wanted to go in and take them.

19. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Where abouts is the farm? Are you sure it def is a pup farm? :(

The last dog I see from a puppy farm was one of the breeding girls, a 8 years old GSD who was bred & had pups all year round, the pups were 1 week old & they waited this long to take her the the vets, she couldn't even walk they had to carry her.

The dog STANK...the reason for this? she had maggots inside her eating her & she was rotting from the inside out :mad: :eek: :confused:

They were told how to feed the pups and even given FREE items, but I couldn't see them doing it.

Poor girl I never did find out how she got on :(

20. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I feel physically sick reading this :mad: It's disgusting!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice