Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Urgent Sponsorship or Donations Needed For Elderly Persian please

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Purrrrfect, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Purrrrfect

Purrrrfect PetForums VIP

Hi my name is Shelly.

I run a small cat rescue from my home and I'm completely self funded and non profit making. And we are currently getting no donations
    I have taken it upon my self for many years to rescue unwanted and abandoned cats and kittens in the Derbyshire area UK.
    and have found a lot of them loving forever homes.
    Just lately i have been getting calls from a local vets asking if i can take in cats that have come to them as strays.

One of those cats who came to us on July 17, 2009 is a Persian female we have named Lady believed to be around 16 - 18yrs old who was handed in as a stray and is on 2.4mg Fortekor tablet every day for the rest of her life however long that may be. And requires Hills or Royal Canin Renal veterinary diet. And for this reason is unable to be re homed and i myself think it unfair to shunt her around any more due to her age.

Therefore i am looking for sponsorship or donations for this old lady so i can give her the best care possible. She was very underweight and could barely stand when she came to us and had to have all her fur shaved off because it was so badly matted. Her fur is now growing back and she can climb the stairs to her night time bed. I am quite willing to give her sponsors regular updates and progress reports.

A picture of Lady and her story can be found Login
    Please also feel free to join and post links to your sites and we have added a member group for Breeders all welcome.

I am also happy to give any more information required. Both Lady and myself would be very grateful of any help offered. I can be contacted at Purrrrfect@the-kats-whiskers.co.uk Thank you.

Lots of Purrrs & Hugz.

a donate button can be found at...
    The-Kats-Whiskers-Welcome Page

We are getting more and more calls to take cats.
    but just don't have the funds to take them
    because we are getting no donations. We seem to have quite a few
    hard to home cats so they are with us for quite a while.
    People go for younger cats and kittens
    and prettier colours and we are left with
    black, black/white and ages from 1 - 3yrs olds up to 7yrs old.
    We have also just taken in another 15yr old as an emergancy.
    And 2 young cats that were abandoned when thier previous owner
    emigrated to spain. :( 1 of wich has lost some of her fur due to stress.
    they were at a vets for 8 days before we took them in.

Please help if you can however small every little helps. Thank you.

Attached Files:

#1 Purrrrfect, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  2. animallover111

Thank goodness for people like you and your husband.....i have just sent a £20 donation through paypal to you......michelle xx :)

Yourgifts Ourgifts likes this.
  3. Purrrrfect

Purrrrfect PetForums VIP

Thank you so very much, thats very kind of you.
    Big Purrrs & Hugz from me and the cats.

Shelly. xx

4. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Hi Shelly have you any idea how much it would cost to sponsor Lady per week..;)

5. Purrrrfect

Purrrrfect PetForums VIP

Hi Ash hunni, I hope you and Sky are well. I don't realy know anything about
    sponsership. But Lady needs Fortekor tablets every day and they cost £12.00per 2 weeks. She also needs Hills Renal diet wet food in sachets wich is around £5.00 per week, and Hills Prescription diet dry food K/D for her Renal failier (bad spelling lol) wich works out to be £4 weekly so £16 per month. She will also need regular blood tests to check on how low or high her count is or something.

Sometimes i go to pick her up and she will just wee on the spot or get down of my desk where i have her so i can keep a close eye. I wake her up gently now and then now and carry her to the litter tray. On a good day she will go to the litter tray herself and on bad days she will sleep from morn till night if i let her. I take her to bed each night so i can keep an eye on her. And some days its hurts me deaply to have to force feed her. She can barely stand up ans is still wobbely. But when we saw her at the vets i could not say no and brought her home. She is too old to be shuntered around so dispite the ammount of cats i have kept for one reason or another. I will keep her and give her the best i can.

Oh Ash take a look at my new links section and the first link ive put under "Gifts & Pet Products" :D
    Login
    I also think its about time ya joined. :smilewinkgrin:

oooops look at me going on like that. But if its cat related i will talk till the cows come home lol I have this appeal posted all over the net
    and the first responce ive had is from PetForums members.
    And its restored my faith that there are decent humans out there that care.
    Ok i will stop waffling now LOL!

Purrs and huge Hugz.

Shelly and Cats. xxx

#5 Purrrrfect, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  6. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Hi Shelly you are a true star and really hope members here look after one of there own.;). Have just sent you through enough to pay for lady's bills for a month so hope that gives you a little peace of mind..So come on members even a pound can help dear old Lady see out the rest of her life with love and care..

If you can run a comp anywhere i will gladly donate 1-2and 3 prizes or if there's anything else i can do to help please just ask..
    Take Care Hun And Sending A Big Hug To Lady From Sky..;)

animallover111 likes this.
  7. Purrrrfect

Purrrrfect PetForums VIP

Awwww Ash, your an angel i couldnt do a comp on my forum because no one actually posts lol we have had the forum for a year and half and still dont have that many members but if a prize is offered via my facebook group and fanpage and a news letter via the forum, i may be able to get freinds of freinds to join and enter. Would i ask £1 donation to enter or something like that? excuse me for being dumb lol

our sites were down this morning if anyone has tried to get on there but its back up now! :D

Big Purrrs & Hugz to you and Sky. xx

8. Yourgifts Ourgifts

£1 sounds good and i will make the prizes good ones..if i can leave it with you and just let me know if you need any help..;)

9. animallover111

maybe you could let the us know on here too about the competition.....i am sure members will enter...for a good cause......:)

10. Purrrrfect

Purrrrfect PetForums VIP

Thank you to both of you, i mentioned it to hubby
    and i was quite excited about the idea.
    But he doesn't mind doing the contest
    but he said he would not charge people to enter :( :confused:

11. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

aw that is so sad

i would donate but dont have paypal and im only 13 lol

but ill enter a contest for $1 (my english pound sign doesnt work) :001_tt2:

12. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Honestly hun charge and people will not mind paying a pound for a good cause and every little will help you out.. and prizes will really good..am talking £40-60 worth for the three prizes so please charge..we are doing the dogs trust show in two weeks time and i will be charging them a £1 to enter it aswell with funds going to you..

13. animallover111

I think £1 to enter is a super idea its a way of giving money to help the cats you rescue......and the prizes will be fab no doubt from Ash......:)

14. animallover111

You really are a fantastic person....how kind of you.....:)

15. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Just think everyone can do a little to help sometimes and i know Shelly really goes out of her way and does without herself so she can look after the cats..Its the same with dogs and i would like to think that if something ever happened Sky there would be someone like Shelly there..;)

16. Purrrrfect

Purrrrfect PetForums VIP

WoooHoooo hubby has finally agreed to ask for a £1 per
    entry donation all precedes will go to
    The-Kats-Whiskers Cat Rescue to fund the medication and special diet
    that Lady needs and will be setting the contest and rules up in the next day or 2 :D

#16 Purrrrfect, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  17. Purrrrfect

Purrrrfect PetForums VIP

It's now up and ready to goooo!! :D :D
    Now i'm excited! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice