Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Urgent Help Needed

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by PoppyLily, Jul 6, 2009.

1. PoppyLily

PoppyLily PetForums Member

My mams bengal is having kittens as we speak. She has just had the 1st one, it is very small with not much fur and it looks like its intestines are on the outside of its body :(

I realise there probably isnt much we can do but any advice would be great.

I hope the rest are ok.

2. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

oh dear hun...in my last litter we had this, and he lasted and hour...i know exactly what you are looking at...

unfortunatly there isnt anything you can do..is the mum with it or pushing it away?

3. PoppyLily

PoppyLily PetForums Member

shes lying with it but not bothering with it really. She got it all cleaned up etc but now shes just lying next to it.
    We feel awful just sitting here watching it die, would you leave it with the mum for now or take it away?

4. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Aww bless her...I left luckys kitten with her, she done the same cleaned it up etc..but when the time came she took it away from me and cuddled it, then sadley he passed away...

If you choose to do this, then keep an eye on her just incase she tries to eat it..or turn nasty on it...they are very intelligent animals and do know when something isnt right..or when their babies are unwell..

5. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

The vet could PTS if there was no other option and you didnt want to see it in pain.

I wish there was someone on here with better advice then i had. sorry

6. animallover111

Sorry i dont own cats but when our neighbours dog had pups whilst the mum was cleaning one of the pups she torn its tummy and its intestines came out they rang the vet who said the pup would be suffering when they got to the vets the pup was pts as there was nothing that could be done so maybe its kinda to let the vet put the kitten to sleep and not suffer. good luck with the rest.

7. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

PTS is an option..you can tell if he/she is fading fast...I rang the vet about luckys kitten, and they said there wasnt anything they could do, apart from pts..but the time you get it to us it prob would have passed away..

whithin 15 mins it had gone, snuggled up with lucky...

8. animallover111

If it was me personally i would rush to the vets and have the kitten pts if nature takes it cause on the way there it will not be suffering anymore.good luck with the rest.

9. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

The kitten will be suffering. I would wrap all the kittens intestines and body in cling film, to at least keep the guts from dragging around and drying out, moisten the cling film that will be against the guts in cooled boiled water, and take the poor thing to the vet.

I have heard of kittens having a repair and living, but it does depend on lots of factors, and if he/she looks like they have no hair then the poor thing probably has other issues.

10. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

yeh such a shame, and its a upsetting sight aswell...

11. animallover111

Is there any more news???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice