Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Urgent Help needed to rehome Tiger Liliy

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Zara-louise, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Zara-louise

Zara-louise PetForums Newbie

Hi ladies & Gents

I desperately need to find my mum’s cat a loving new home quickly. My mum has passed away and my landlord won’t even let me keep the cat until I can rehome her (zero compassion) Tiger Lily we was originally rescued from the RSPCA roughly 5 yrs ago my mum nutured her and she became her BFF (beatuiful feline friend) children make Tiger nervous she would best suited with a mature adult or mature couple with no children. I have contacted a few charities and they have no room for her. I would really appreciate some advice on what I can or should do. Tiger is currently in West Yorkshire in Brighouse but if anyone in Manchester could give her a loving new home I would love that also. I just need to know my mum’s cat is going to be loved the way my mum loved her. Thank you for reading this x

Attached Files:

ewelsh and Soozi like this.
  2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

3. Zara-louise

Thank you so much

4. Dumpling

Dumpling PetForums VIP

I'm sorry that your mum passed away, this can't be an easy time for you and it doesn't sound like your landlord is making it any easier.

Have you contacted the centre where your mum's cat came from? Often when you rehome a cat from a rescue, part of the adoption agreement will state that the cat is to be returned to them if it is no longer able to be cared for, so this might be your best option?

5. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. :(
    I would contact the RSPCA and explain the situation.

6. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I agree, I would contact the RSPCA Shelter she was adopted from 5 yrs ago. They should be able to take her back and find her a new home.

7. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

I do hope a home can be found for Tiger. It’s so sad. I hope you have some luck with the RSPCA. How old is Tiger now?
    I am so sorry for your loss xxx

Zara-louise, MissMiloKitty and ewelsh like this.
  8. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

It's so sad. Landlords are heartless. Hopefully the law will change soon and give tenants with pets more rights.
    Contact the RSPCA your mum adopted her from, they might be able to take her back.
    Sorry about your mum, sorry about your cat. :( :( :(

Zara-louise and Soozi like this.
  9. Zara-louise

Firstly Thank you all for the kind words.

I contacted the RSPCA branch Tiger was originally adopted from and they have made her a priority due to the circumstances. Personally I would like someone to rehome her temporarily for 6 months and then I could get myself a new place that will accommodate Tiger. My Mum loved this cat and I want to keep her. Tiger is between 5-7yrs old, she finally started eating wet food again yesterday and was playing in the garden. I am unsure how cats cope with grief but as days go on she seems to be perking up.

10. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

I am sorry for the loss of your mum.

Did you say the above to the RSPCA centre? Some of them do boarding which would allow you the chance to move and then take her to your new home. They could well be happy to accommodate in these circumstances.

AmsMam and Calvine like this.
  11. Zara-louise

Thank you.

No unfortunately I did not tell them this as I did not know it was an option, I will call them back and ask. I would obviously pay for all Tigers needs care, food and vaccinations. Thank you for this information I appreciate it

12. Minuscule

Minuscule PetForums Senior

Sorry for your loss. It's a difficult situation :(
    I am really angry at landlords in this country, they make everything so hard for people with pets (and aren't flexible for other things of life when circumstances change). The law is terrible as well and on the landlord's side only...

Have you started to look at a place where you could have Tiger? It's not easy, I had to move with my cat recently, but it's feasible. I took a place I don't really like but where my cat would be ok but I was in a rush as well. Can you easily leave from your current place?

I hope you can find a temporary place for Tiger in the meantime. Do you have any friends who could look after her for a while? Otherwise if you don't find a place with a charity (which I hope you will), have you looked at catteries? If she had an insurance maybe the insurance can cover some costs considering the circumstances (some do when the owner is in hospital so it may be possible). If it's a long stay you might be able to negotiate a cheaper rate as well (hopefully the cattery owners will have more heart than your landlord).

Zara-louise likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice