Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Urgent help needed if Poss.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xxwelshcrazyxx, Apr 2, 2011.

1. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

My sons tiny mouse was ok this morning, but he just went to see it and it was laying on its side lifeless, I picked it up and it was cool to touch, I rubbed its side lightly to see if it would move at all but nothing at first, then when i rubbed its side again its back leg started to scratch the area I was rubbing, I placed some water by its mouth and its front paw tried to push away, it is laying there and not moving, I have got it in a warm towel at the moment, but not sure if they hybernate at all.

1 person likes this.
  2. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

The fact that he moved means he isn't hibernating...not sure if they do.

If he is still alive I would try get to an exotics vet if you can. At least try seek vetinary advice. But u r doing the right things keeping him warm and trying to get him to eat drink etc. xx

3. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

Yeah sounds like it needs the vet ,my hamster did that once she had a infection ,she pulled through ,i really hope yours does (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

Thanks guys, it is breathing shallow and moving his front paws over it face when I put a drop for water on its mouth, will get my brother in law take it the vet now. xx

5. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

awww no hun, hope it will be ok x

6. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Mice don't hibernate. Your meece needs to be seen by a vet, but I would take all your meeces because if its an infection it could spread, so take them all just tp be on the safe side, and clean them out when you get in to reduce living conditions of virus' and infections.

7. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Really try get an exotics vet. A normal one will just advise it is put to sleep. This may be the best thing....but it may not be. I took my hamster who had a lump in his ear to our local vet...and they said yeah we'll put him to sleep. But I said no cos it looks more like a cyst...anyways she admitted she didn't know and advised me to see an exotics vet...which I did and it was treated with cream :D

Positive thoughts heading your way!

8. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

agree with charley , hope u get them sorted (((hugs )))

9. xxwelshcrazyxx

Little mouse died on the way to the way to the vets. I think the movements were his muscles twitching, had him on a towel on top of a warm water water bottle, we turned around and came back home, cant believe how stiff the poor little thing went in such a short time. My son is going to be gutted when he gets home. thanks all xxxxxx

10. Sorry tohear that the little fellow never made it! BUT you did all you could, which is all anyone can expect and much more then many poor wee animals get . Bless you

11. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Oh no :( soz hun

12. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:( I only just found the thread :(

I'm so sorry :( You did everything you could for the little chap :(

Big hugs and to your son too

I'm glad you cared so much, think too many people wouldn't have bothered (don't on here).

RIP tiny furry

Em
    xx

13. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

Oh no this is so sad ,i am so sorry but like others have said you did the very best he was lucky to have you:(:( ((((hugs)))))

14. Bandy

Bandy Banned

Jeez..poor thing.

That's just terribly sad.

15. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Oh hun am so sorry! Hope your son is OK. You did your best...you can tell him that with confidence.

Hugs to you both! RIP little man!

16. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

awww sorry to hear about the little un ,u did your best :( xxx

17. Bellarina

Bellarina PetForums Member

Really sorry to hear that he didn't make it. Hope your little boy will be ok.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice