Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

URGENT!! can anyone help????

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by es4364, Jul 17, 2009.

1. es4364

es4364 PetForums Newbie

I am trying to find a rescue place/home for a 5 year old male rottie who is currently in Derby council kennels but is due to run out of time on Tuesday. He is a big boy but extremely nice, has been good with other dogs, very friendly with people and doesnt seem to have any behavioural issues. He was picked up as a stray so I dont have any history on him. If anyone knows any where that may be able to help or is in a position to help we would be extremely grateful. Location is not an issue as we are willing to transport him to wherever he needs to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 es4364, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  2. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Hope he finds a lovely home sorry i dont have any other advice as im not from england!:)

3. I really hope someone can help this dog. I just asked my husband but hes saying no :( because he has no history. ill see if my other rottie friends might be able to help

4. kristy

kristy PetForums Member

please check your messages, i may be able to get him rescue back up:idea:

5. Captain.Charisma

Captain.Charisma PetForums VIP

BUMP !
    Poor dog :(

Ive seen it on the East Midlands News, the kennels are losing money, so they cant keep going :(

6. reddyrufus

reddyrufus PetForums Member

You could try Second chance animal rescue or Babbington.

7. es4364

es4364 PetForums Newbie

thanks for all the suggestions :) will keep trying places today, we still have a few days left so will do all we can for him.

8. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

9. es4364

es4364 PetForums Newbie

yes, tried rottie rescue trust but they wouldnt take him as no history. Also contacted zepthedep rescue who were brilliant but are full up and another rottie rescue in worcester who again were very helpful but full up. Contacted a few local rescues too but alot are not taking rotties :-(

10. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

hi, check your messages just sent you 1, hope you find him a place very soon.
    Nicci

11. louisehall21

louisehall21 PetForums Junior

hey does anyone know if this dog has found a home:smilewinkgrin:

12. es4364

es4364 PetForums Newbie

Have pm'd you Louise :)

13. louisehall21

hi spoke to her yesterday and said she would make some calls and call me this afternoon when she is free. :D hope i can help him

14. louisehall21

just to let you know he is coming round tomorrow and all being well will be saved from his fait. :D

15. es4364

es4364 PetForums Newbie

Sadly this boys placement has not worked out :-( He is now EXTREMELY urgent as his time is up today

#15 es4364, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  16. louisehall21

it is very urgent he gets a home he is alloverly dog and would fit in although he does not like men in the house unless they are willing not to go near him as he growles at them other than that he is a fantastic dog

someone out there must have the right home for a dog like this he will love you forever and is amazing with children as i have a daughter who is one and they get on he just leaves her to do what she wants

please someone find a place in your heart for him and you wont forget it. :D

17. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I wish I was in a position to help, sadly I am not, I have a new doggie coming tomorrow who we have gradually got to settle in, otherwise I would have taken him on a temp basis.

Can help with a donation (if others agree) to get him in kennels, if you can find anywhere that will take him? Does anyone have a paypal facility that we could pay into?

18. louisehall21

have been looking round for a kennel a home anything to get him somewhere happy but nobody has space for him will keep trying :confused1:: hopefully wont be long.

19. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

20. kristy

kristy PetForums Member

Louise.... are you a rescue or just someone who was willing to give the dog a home?
    only ask as have you give the dog a full assesment?
    you state that he is excellent with children, not trying to be funny but to claim this for everyone to see i would hope you were rescue related and he had been fully temperment assesed as a dog with no back ground needs this from a rescue.
    if you are a rescue then sorry for my questions just think its not the place for just a member of the pubilc to state what a dog they have only met once has a sound temperment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice