Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

urgent advice required

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Beagle Mafia, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Buster has eaten a whole tea bag (normal style no drawstring etc)

Will he be OK? contacted the vet and been told he needs a jab within 30 minutes to vomit it up but after travelling to vet its past that time so is too late. The vet said he should pass it within 24 hours but if he doesn't will need surgery - has annyone got any experience of this. The little devil swallowed it in one there was no way of stopping him!

2. rona

rona Guest

Found this

caffeine is harmful to dogs Caffeine (from coffee, coffee grounds, tea, or tea bags) stimulates the central nervous and cardiac systems, and can cause vomiting, restlessness, heart palpitations, and even death within hours.

I think the death thing applies to loads of tea, have read a few other peoples experiences and the dogs have been fine

3. davehyde

davehyde Banned

was it used or unused?

a used one has most of the stuff out of it.

4. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

used - he seems fine I suppose we just have to keep a close eye on him. The vet said it should get pooed out within 24 hours but vomitting it up would be the safest option - it had to be injected within 30 minutes and was too late.

5. davehyde

davehyde Banned

just keep your eye on him, how big is he? the bigger the better i should imagine.

i think he should be fine tbh. dogs eat worse than that when they split open bin bags lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice