Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ur dog would ever bite you..

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Paw Campus, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Paw Campus

Paw Campus PetForums Junior

My friend's dog was five and half years old, Few days past, he was serving food to his dog, suddenly it has bitten him. Until these days it doesn’t have this kind of behavior. He was too worried. I don’t know what's the reason can someone suggest the reason?

2. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

Good idea to get it to the vet for a check. Dogs sometimes bite when they are in pain.

3. weim_lover

weim_lover PetForums Newbie

I would second the suggestion to go get checked at the vets, He could be ill or in pain which can cause them to lash out.

my mum's dog was the softest dog I had ever heard of... he was fab with the kids, would cuddle up to a kitten etc....just so soft. Then one day he snapped at my dog which he hadn't done in the 7ish years they had known each other.... watching him after my mum's dog looked to be limping...he had had damage to a ligament in his leg years ago and it had got damaged again so he was in a lot of pain.

4. ouesi

ouesi Guest

No one can definitively state what was going on based on a forum post.
    Given that there was food involved, resource guarding comes to mind, but without seeing the even in person, and evaluating the dog and the owner and their interactions, it's anyone's guess.

In most cases dogs have already given plenty of warnings via body language before they resort to a bite, and unfortunately, most humans don't pick up on those warnings and address them, so things escalate to the point of biting.

Best option at this point is to get some professional advice from a proper behaviorist.

5. Paw Campus

Ok..I will advise him to take it to vet.

6. Paw Campus

oh..k..tq for your suggestion.

7. Paw Campus

Ok.Let me tell him..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice