Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Upset Stomach and Vomiting

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by sami87, Apr 3, 2011.

1. sami87

sami87 PetForums Member

Hello :eek: I haven't been on here in forever, and I feel terrible for begging for help but I'm really worried about my kitten.

She's 9 and a half months old now, was spayed 2 weeks ago. She has Orijen biscuits and Pets at Home 50% meat tins, and kitten milk. Normally, she's a chatty, bouncy normal kitten! Oh, and she's an indoor cat.

For the past 4 days now, she's had an upset tummy. I wasn't too concerned because she was still eating, playing and talking. But last night she had a lot of erm, movement, and was also sick. She's not herself at all this morning. Usually she'd be on my lap now, or running around meowing, but she's just curled up on my bed looking really sad and uncomfortable. Her eyes are dilated and she's a bit 'puffed up', like she's scared.

I'm really worried about her level of dehydration and what is causing this.

Should I take her to the emergency vet or wait it out until tomorrow?

Thank you :eek:

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Dont think there is any doubt here.Emergency Vet now ,this has been going on too long and looks like it is getting a lot worse.

3. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

No, I wouldn't delay here at all since kittens can go downhill really fast!
    Contact the emergency now vets and explain the situation to them.

Hope she's better soon!

4. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

Emergency vets, let us know how she gets on x

5. sami87

sami87 PetForums Member

Thank you. I really shouldn't listen to my mother. :rolleyes: Just waiting for a call from the vet now! Hope it's nothing serious.... :(

6. Donskie

Donskie PetForums Member

Hope all goes well with the vets, sending hugs. Keep us posted please.

7. sami87

sami87 PetForums Member

She's been admitted for IV fluids and antibiotics. Hopefully she'll be able to come home tomorrow but we'll just have to see what happens. Moral of the story, always listen to your instincts!

It feels horrible here without her :(

I lost my 13 year old Westie just before Christmas and I'm nowhere near over that yet, so to have my baby poorly is just torture.

I don't have insurance either *IDIOT* but I do have a month free from PetPlan from when she was spayed, maybe I can claim on that? Don't get me wrong, I really don't care how much it's going to cost to get her well, but it's a bit frightening if I can't make the fees (if it's more than my credit card limit)...

:cryin: :cryin: :cryin:

8. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Hope all goes well with your kitten.Fingers and paws crossed she is home soon .Sorry to read about your Westie it is a hard thing to accept when a loved pet leaves us.

9. popoki

popoki PetForums Member

I hope she's ok and home with you soon.

Definitely investigate your month free insurance. When we had to pay out vets bills for our little boy we were still on the breeders months free insurance with pet plan and they paid the bill in full which ended up over £1000. And all we had to pay was the £65 excess.

10. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Glad you asked on here for advice and that now she is receiving treatment- hope she is safe and well and at home with you tomorrow.I always feel so lost when 1 of ours is at the vets
    Sorry that you lost your westie-you are in my thoughts- we lost 1 of our dogs,Lulu, at the end of January and its too soon for either us to be over our loss
    Please let us know how she is tomorrow -what is her name ,by the way?
    love from Maureen

11. sami87

sami87 PetForums Member

Lily is back home and doing great :)

We had a bit of a worry today as she hadn't pooped since sunday, but thankfully patience paid off and everything seems to be back to normal.

I have to give her pro-kolin three times a day, which is anything but easy with a stubborn baby like her, and a tablet a day ontop!! It's only for a few more days though thankfully.

The nurses had a hard time with her I think!! She turned her kennel upside down, twice, and took her IV out! :rolleyes:

Thank you all again for your advice - I'll be sure to remember to come back here soon and get re-aquainted (sp?!) with you all! :eek:

12. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

Good to hear she's home! Did the vets pinpoint the cause of her vomiting?

Judging from her antics in hospital she appears to have made a rapid recovery!

13. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

So pleased to read that your little one is back home and feeling a lot better :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice