Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Upset, Angry, Frustrated and now Crying!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Longton Flyball, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Longton Flyball

Longton Flyball PetForums Senior

I have a huge thread in the cat behaviour area about my frustration with my granddaughter cat and wasn't crying but now I am thanks to Clover.

I was downstairs about to come have a nose on here and write about Snoopy when I suddenly thought where's Clover? After shouting her I heard her jump off our bed and down she came looking very pleased with herself. Unfortunately I knew she's been up to something as she had wet paper stuck to her head. Now I know that I had just cleaned upstairs so didn't think it could be anything to worry about but still went to investigate...

She has chewed my book that I was reading about my favourite rock band that my husband bought me for christmas and has eaten my new book mark...
    Great just to add to my already frustrated mood and now I'm crying and Duke's getting all upset now because I am.

I know it sounds pathetic and I feel pathetic so glad husband isn't here but if you read my thread on Snoopy then you'll understand but now I have to worry about what destruction Clover will do when I return to work on Friday...GREAT!

Oh well sorry for going on but didn't know who else to cry to :cryin:

2. foxyrockmeister

foxyrockmeister PetForums VIP

Oh please don't cry :(

I haven't read your thread about Snoopy yet, but obviously you were already upset before Clover's little 'misdemeanour'

Don't let it upset you, she didn't do it on purpose and wouldn't want to upset you. Where do you leave them when you go out? Is she normally destructive? Would keeping her shut in one room with kongs etc for distraction help?

Oh, and have a look at this weeks photocompetition entries ...... you'll see you're not the only one with a destructive dog!!

Chin up :D

3. Manoy Moneelil

Manoy Moneelil PetForums VIP

Teaching a firm reliable bed out of bounds sounds like the first thing that is missing, if the dog is a chewer why leave things within mouth's reach?

If the dog does not know better maybe you should.

4. Longton Flyball

Clover is normally naughty on the first day she gets left. Been on annual leave for just over a week so she hasn't been left much but she was helping herself to DVD's from the same corner she took my book from.

We've tried to shut her in one room with all of her toys but she howls as she likes to roam free. I can usually handle the Clover naughty ways but so down at the moment she's just making me cry...not that she seems to care as she's happily destroying one of Duke's beanies at the moment.

Your pictures of your gorgeous two are cheering up slowly.

Clover's just Clover and I love her but she just hasn't helped tonight.

5. foxyrockmeister

foxyrockmeister PetForums VIP

Nice helpful reply when somebody is clearly upset :rolleyes:

What do you do for a living? Your caring side is unbelievable!

Oh, and I don't suppose your dogs have ever done anything they shouldn't through a fault of yours?

6. Longton Flyball

Thanks for that advice that's really helped my situation :cryin:

7. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

oh hun

Max ate my bible I got at my baptism (I got baptised at 21 and that bible was super precious to me)

Clover may have just been picking up on your stress levels as well as her normal acting up and trying to distract you the best way she knew - by being naughty

*huuuuge* hugs from me and the gang and maybe dock her pocket money to get you a lovely new bookmark?

8. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Please don't cry. Chewing your book is obviously the final straw! As for Snoopy, my cat suddenly started weeing in the house ( favoured my OH's shoes, office carpet ). I thought it was because we had just been on holiday and left her for the first time. Had to take her to the vet for her booster, mentioned the weeing and after tests it turned out to be a urine infection quite probably brought on by stress, sorted with antibiotics!
    It's probably worth a trip to the vet :)

9. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

oh forgot to add - Indy has started weeing all over the shop - we think scent marking where he can smell Biggles - it's easing up now he's relaxing around the pup

10. Longton Flyball

Thank you!

I think that's a great idea about the pocket money especially as she needs to replace poor Duke's beanie aswell :)

So sorry to hear about your bible now that's alot more important to you than my silly book it's just not what I needed that's all.

11. Longton Flyball

Been there done that so many times I should have shares even they don't know what to suggest anymore :confused:

I know Clover's still a pup well I suppose heading into her teen years as she's 11 months next week and I'm sure she was just bouncing off my feelings but couldn't she have done it another day :rolleyes::

Jonesey likes this.
  12. kezza30

kezza30 PetForums Junior

Sorry to hear Clovers been a little pest, I've not dealt with naughty pets destroying my possesions... yet! but as a book lover I can probably gather how upsetting it is to have your things chewed up when already stressed out. Is there a way you can keep Clover out of your room? I have been told no dogs are to enter any bedrooms in the house, not sure how implementable that is going to be but have you thought about keeping areas you have things you don't want munched on an out of bounds area?:blush:

13. Longton Flyball

Clover usually bless her destroys on the first day she's left but she usually does it to things that we either want to get rid of or things that people have bought us that we don't really want but haven't had the heart to take to the charity shop so she normally comes in quite handy.

Too be honest I think it's more my fault tonight with being already upset over Snoopy and not really thinking about where Clover was but didn't think she would bother with my book as she's usually good when left to her own devices in the house when I'm doing things.

Maybe Clover thought it was the book that upset me as I was reading it earlier :rolleyes:

14. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

ah it was ok - my Church gave me a new one - with a dog proof case :p

we all have things that are special to us and the timing just made it *worse* for you - it will all just be slightly annoying in a few months - after you subtly nudge hubby to buy you a new book too ;)

15. natty01

natty01 PetForums VIP

i remember when maddie was little i put a pile of books on a chair to stop her jumping on and off it , id been reading clicker training for obedience and that was on top of the pile . when i came back downstairs she had chewed the binding on it . i was not impressed but it was ironic that out of all the books she chose the dog training book i was reading . she had never chewed one before or after .

16. Cazz enigma

Cazz enigma PetForums Member

It is so upsetting when your pups destroy something you like/love... Mine went for my collection of cook books, then again I think my hubby must of put them up to it!!!
    Hope tomorrow is a better day for you :)

17. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

(((HUGS)))

I completely understand your pain.

Shannow chewed one of my brand new unworn clark's shoes, that were a present from my daughter, on Monday evening while I was in the bath :( I was gutted, she's never chewed shoes or boots before :(

18. Longton Flyball

Well I think Clover has tried to make it up too me by lying next to me and then quite subtly trumping :eek:
    The book and bookmark obviously didn't agree with her.

19. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

there's a wee something on it way to you which might cheer you up a little, should be there by saturday ;)

Jonesey likes this.
  20. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

there's a wee something on it way to you which might cheer you up a little, should be there by saturday ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice