UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my cat, Dexter, had a swollen and red upper lip/ nose yesterday. It looked like it had been bleeding but when I wiped it with a damp cloth I didn't get and blood up. He is a 3 year old male cat who is always inside. He is also fixed. I did read that cats can have allergic reactions to fleas, and we did get a kitten about a week ago who had fleas, but I have since taken care of them and I didn't find any on dexter. Also when we got him, he had fleas but his lip/nose never looked like this. I am going to make an appointment for the vet tomorrow but until then I just want to see what others thought. He is eating and drinking fine and it doesn't seem to be causing him any pain but to me, it looks painful. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Head Cat Eye Felidae Carnivore

Head Cat Eye Felidae Carnivore

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
allergic reaction would be my best bet, could be fleas, the treatment it's self could cause one. Or have you changed anything in the house since that came up? like litter deodorizers ? it could be anything like that. Or it could be an infection from a cut. I hope your little cat feels better soon :(

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
it does look like an infection caused by a tiny cut, normally i would advise a home treatment but this looks very sore so i suggest a trip to the vets for antibiotics.
hope he gets better soon.:)

·
Dad to Puss Puss and Shadow
4,844 Posts
I think a trip to the vet is needed cos as catcoonz has said ab may be needed to get swelling down. Hope Dexter is better soon.

·
Registered
12,694 Posts
I noticed my cat, Dexter, had a swollen and red upper lip/ nose yesterday. It looked like it had been bleeding but when I wiped it with a damp cloth I didn't get and blood up. He is a 3 year old male cat who is always inside. He is also fixed. I did read that cats can have allergic reactions to fleas, and we did get a kitten about a week ago who had fleas, but I have since taken care of them and I didn't find any on dexter. Also when we got him, he had fleas but his lip/nose never looked like this. I am going to make an appointment for the vet tomorrow but until then I just want to see what others thought. He is eating and drinking fine and it doesn't seem to be causing him any pain but to me, it looks painful. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

View attachment 98346
View attachment 98346
Help, really does look sore and actually looks as tho he has rubbed the hair off. Vet I think to regain his stunning good looks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.