Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Updated pics of Tias kittens

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by rigsby1967, Apr 20, 2011.

1. rigsby1967

rigsby1967 PetForums Member

Thought i'd update with a few pics, i was really surprised one of the kits opened her eyes at 2 dats old :eek:.
    They are so sweet and Tia seems a great mum, running back to them at the slightest of squeaks when she is downstairs.

For some reason i couldn't attach any more pics that i wanted to. The black cat is Coco and has taken kits on a surragate daddy....i dare not tell him he's not all male :blink::rolleyes::

Attached Files:

2. rigsby1967

More pics of Tias babies

Attached Files:

3. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Simply adorable!

4. Myanimalmadhouse

Myanimalmadhouse PetForums VIP

Gorgeous, and looks like they doing well!

However after studying your pictures - I WANT COCO!!!:D

He looks just like my maverick used to except probably a smaller version as my baby bear was huuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeee :eek:

5. rigsby1967

Hi Myanimalmadhouse

You are welcome to Coco, he's not in my good books at the mo, he wee'd on the carpet next to where the litter tray is, i don't think he likes the fact that i put the lid part back on :cryin::eek:.

Nah i wouldn't really part with him, my friend found him but didn't want him so i took him on after doing some searches on the lost websites in my area and checking for a chip. My daughter has taught him to do high 5 and kisses for treats, it's really funny to watch.

He got really protective over the kittens yesterday when i got them out to handle & stroke, he does what the mum does and took it by the neck to take it back upstairs with him :D.

My only real gripe with him is that he's in and out of the house like a fiddlers elbow with me having to open and close patio doors :blink:

rigs

6. Myanimalmadhouse

Ah bless him! Its worrying times for a surrogate daddy ya know :blink: He sounds adorable and well trained (when he feels like it lol)

*hmmm, now how to arrange catnapping*

huh? what? nope! noones arranging any catnapping around here :rolleyes:;)

7. loz83

loz83 PetForums Member

Coco look just like my big boy Firebolt (had to be PTS last year due to a heart defect) He's lovely!!!!!!

N if you're wondering about the name, his brother was called Nimbus and my mum has their sister called Muggles. Can anyone make the connection :D

Has your mum cat decided to move her babies at all??? mine are a week old and tonite she put on behind my settee :eek: she dint move any of the others, but when I looked in the box, 3 of them were lined up at one side, while mum and the last baby were at the other side of the box, any idea wot might be going on???

8. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

PLEASE do not let this cat anywhere near your queen and her young :( If he is going outside he could bring any number of sicknesses in to the queen and her young.

He shouldn't be near them anyway, but seriously that's a massive risk to your queen and her kittens!

9. rigsby1967

Arg, i never actually thought of that :eek:. It was just that Tia and Coco are so close and Coke really did miss playing with Tia while she was pregnant that i didn't think anything of it :eek:.

Thanks Aurelia :001_smile:.

Rigs

10. rigsby1967

Hi Loz83

I had been watching your posts and was wondering whos babies would be born 1st, mine are only a day or 2 older than yours:p ;), i saw you pics and they are so sweet :D.

Tia hasn't tried moving her kits at all so i guess she feels safe where they are.

Have you tried asking that question on a seperate thread at all?

Hope all is well with them all.

rigs

11. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Well cats will always let their slaves know their place ;)
    Love the fact that he is acting as surrogate daddy though, and it's nice that mum feels comfortable enough with him to have him so close to her babies!

12. Myanimalmadhouse

To be honest as long as Tia and Coco are both up to date on their vaccs then its not really much of a bigger risk unless you have been completely steralising everyone and everything that comes into the house every time.

Mum, Coco and kittens all look happy and healthy from the pictures and being as they are so close it may actually upset mum to seperate them at this point.

I'd say use your instincts and if they seem happy as they are then leave them to it and just intervene if either mum or the kittens seem distressed or if coco starts to change his behaviour.

At the moment Coco's behaviour is of a typical protector which is why he is constantly in and out. He wants to stay by mum and kittens but he also needs to keep checking the perimeter to make sure nothing is trying to get into their territory x

13. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

Keep the pictures coming, they are all beautiful,xx:)

14. loz83

loz83 PetForums Member

She hasn't tried it again since, although they did have a low weight gain yesterday, but another member suggested that it might be the heat. wondered if that was maybe y she was trying to move them, might have been a bit warm for her in the kitchen, she seems fine now tho, changed all her bedding again and she settled straight down with them :)

yours are beautiful too :) a couple of mine have just started opening their eyes :)

hope all is well with your litter too :D

#14 loz83, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  15. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

:(I'm sorry but that's dangerous advice. No Vaccine is 100% effective. Also a cat going out is more likely to have contact with other sick cats than a human going out.

16. Myanimalmadhouse

So maybe the best advice would actually be to let them stay together but stop Coco from going out?

I would seriously not upset mum without due cause though and they seem quite contented the way they are x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice