Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Update...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Purplecatlover, May 13, 2017.

1. Purplecatlover

Purplecatlover PetForums VIP

hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well.

Jasper is slowly getting used to the crate... he wakes up a few times in the night but when we remind him where his food is or tap on his throw he quickly goes back to sleep!(he tends to forget they're there for him)
    We're managing to get a few hours at a time uninterrupted sleep which is great!

When we've been out we've been covering the bed & duvet with a waterproof mattress cover and it's been working a treat! It's a bugger to wash though.... took 2 days to dry lol! It just means he's got free roam of the back room which I prefer. (I probably only go out a couple of hours a week)

The last few days he's been playing so much more.. we've bought him a 3 in 1 wand from zooplus which he is very fond of! If we stop for a second he meows straight at us lol until we carry on!

He's still been enjoying sleeping & he's aloud to come and "cat nap" with me on the bed through the day as I know we have about an hour from when he wees to when he normally needs to wee again!

I've been weighing him on our kitchen scales for three days now so we have a rough idea of weight (I know it's not specifically his weight but so we know how much he's gaining) I'm tying to remember to do it at the same time too, one day I was a couple of hours late :oops:

He's stopped the antibiotics & eye drops (thank god) but still has discharge from the eyes so we're gonna go for a checkup Monday!

We've tried to oko plus and it hasn't changed anything as of yet (there's time for a miracle ;)) We're going to try what @vivien has shown us though so we're trying what we can.:)

My mums said that whenever we decide her and my stepdad are gonna come cat sit so we can go away for a couple of days and have a rest which is lovely. She knows it's been hard so we're planning on just sleeping! Thank goodness for makeup that's all I'm going to say haha...

Thankyou for your continued support as always - don't know what we'd do without you lovely lot! :p

Lots of love, Faye & Jasper
    Xx:Cat

Attached Files:

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Very pleased to hear there has been some progress Faye. :) Also glad to hear you are getting a bit more sleep! :)

Purplecatlover likes this.
  3. Purplecatlover

Thankyou @chillminx couldnt thank you enough for all the help you've given us! Xx

chillminx likes this.
  4. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

You are most welcome hun :) x

5. Smuge

Smuge PetForums VIP

Really glad to hear that Jasper is feeling better :)

6. Purplecatlover

Thankyou @Smuge! Jasper sends virtual head buts to you!! :) x

7. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

So glad to hear that things are improving. He's such a little cutie and you and your other half are angels, so many others would have given up on little Jasper.

8. Purplecatlover

Thankyou so much @Gwen9244 it means a lot, honestly. :) It scares me where he would be if we wouldn't of got him, it's not worth thinking about! But he's happy and content and that makes me very very happy! I feel like we've turned a corner with the playing & everything which is exciting. He may be small but he's definitely mighty and he's got a lot of love to give! Xx

Babyshoes, Emmasian, vivien and 2 others like this.
  9. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

That is such a lovely update and wonderful to hear the small daily improvements.

He is a happy boy and you do sound happier too!!

I am still keeping everything crossed that the wee problem gets sorted and sooner rather than later.

But it's good to hear you are finding solutions to help in the meantime.

Purplecatlover and vivien like this.
  10. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

He certainly looks like a cat that has a lot of love to give. He's a precious boy!

Purplecatlover and vivien like this.
  11. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Thank you for the lovely update, I am so pleased that Jasper has finally turned a corner and is much stronger.onwards and upwards now. He is a gorgeous little man. And I am sure he will start to learn to use his tray soon. I love seeing the pictures of him. He is starting to look so cheeky. Just as a kitten should be bless him. I hope you enjoy your couple of days away. Put your feet up and have a good rest.

Viv xx

12. RottieMummy

RottieMummy Run free at the bridge my darling x

Lovely update, I'm so happy he is doing well!

13. LJC675

LJC675 PetForums VIP

So pleased for you that Jasper is improving. I can only imagine how hearthbreakingly difficult it is dealing with an ill little one. I so hope things continue to improve. Sending loads of positive vibes from continued improvements.

14. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

Aww so great to hear jasper is improving
    Really nice your mum & step dad will cat sit jasper so you can have a rest, must be so hard looking after an ill kitty, you've done so well with him, he's lucky he's got you.
    I hope he continues to improve
    Sending lots of PF healing vibes his way & hugs for you xx

15. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

So pleased Jasper is coming along much better, he's a lucky boy to be surrounded by so much love. :)

16. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Very pleased to hear some improvements with lovely Jasper

17. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

The weight gain and the playing sound great. If he's bossing you into carrying on playing when you stop, then his energy levels must be on the up, which I think is such a good indicator of how they are generally. X

18. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Wonderful news

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice