Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Update:)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nellybelly, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I'll be home in 17 days, so the nest update should be from home with Bella...

Generally Bella is doing super. My mom is absolutely in love with her:) She is apparently an exceptionally loving obedient good girl, without being any less fun however!

I finally feel like Bella is really a part of my family, and not just my dog. I rescued Bella and was 100% in charge up until last Septmber when I had to come to UK for 8 months (with 6 month holiday at Christmas). We had arranged before even getting Bella that she would be looked after by my mom while I am away.

As most of you know, we lost our very special Nelson almost 2 years ago, to a very horrible autoimmune disease that he'd been fighting for about a year, until finally the only kind option was to help Nelson have his forever sleep, with the dignity he deserved. Nelson was an exceptionally special dog, and I still miss him every day. He was also very dear to my mom, and losing him really broke our hearts. I knew I couldn't live without a dog in my life, and I also knew I could never ever ever replace or forget Nelson...

So to cut a long story short I rescued Bella about 3 months after losing my Nelly. It was very hard at first, and for the first 6 months months I wondered if I'd made a huge mistake...but slowly slowly after that Bella won me over and worked her way right into my heart. The place is my heart for Nelson is always there, and no other dog can ever touch it, and realising that also made it much easier for me to give a part of my heart to another dog...But I really did feel like the only one in my family who really loved Bella.

But not any more! Bella now has a huge place in my mom's heart too, and our family would not be complete without our Bella. Bella was oerfectly looked after (and then some) from day 1, but I am guilty o fdoing the motions without my heart...which I believe was also the case for my mom at first (making me feel guilty too for leaving her with the responsibility, even though it had been agreed on from before)...

So I guess the summary of this update is that Bella is now officially exceptionally loved member of our family who enriches our life, makes us laugh, fills our days with fun and happiness and reminds us of the simple things in life which we often forget as humans when we get caught up in silly things and let them get us down. And I can't wait to be home very soon to see Bella and my family again.

and I hope that life allows Bella to live it to the full, because my poor Nelson was 'cheated' and didn't even get 9 years. People tell me it's because his life was so full quality wse, that the quantity didn't matter so much, and I do find consolation in it becasue I know he had the greatest life... but it still doesn't make it ok. So I just hope my Bella gets the chance to grow old and grey. I don't want to have to think about losing another dog for a very very very long time, because it has the been the hardest most painful thing I have ever been through my entire life.

Anyway, to end on a happy note, lots fo nice summery pics of my beautoful girl coming soon, once I'm back home!!!

2. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Cant wait to see pics of when you are back with her, glad she has coped so well.

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

That was a very emotional update. You have coped so well away from her.
    You will soon be counting down the hours until you are home, or maybe you already are! :)

4. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Aww greats news bet you cant wait :)

5. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Wow that went quick I hope the next few days fly by to for you & give Bella a big hug from us :) x

6. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Whenever I count how many weeks/days I have left at uni I always remember you and Bella, not long now :) x x

7. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Thats really good news that Bella is now so settled with your family and can't wait for the next pics.
    Hope all is going well at Uni?

8. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Uni is extremely stressful!! But I'm finally done with the dissertation - it's all bound and everything. Proof read it 10 times, tweaked a bit here and there... but it reached the point that if I made mroe changes I could make it worse.

We have 3 other essays and 3 presentations these next 2 weeks, but I am coping as best as I can...and trying to keep ahead of things!

Very excited about going back home and seeing everyone and my Bella...

Bella actually goes to a foster family for 5 says tomorrow as my family is going abroad, and my mom may just be more worried than I am... but it's 5 days and we will get daily updates like last time!!

And thank you all for sharing my entusiasm!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice