Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Update time =)

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by WelshYorkieLover, Sep 12, 2013.

1. WelshYorkieLover

WelshYorkieLover PetForums VIP

Well what can I say!? My four beautiful boys are doing so well! They now have a liberta explorer! Its huge!! and they love it! It's still quite bare especially down the bottom as Louie doesn't go down very often these days. We are filling it up slowly lol.

Louie is such a little old man bless him. His back legs arent working so well these days but he's still strong enough to jump and climb when he needs to. We have to help him get back in the cage because he likes to climb it himself which he can but he can quite get a good grip on the very top (by the doors) to pull himself in. So we support his bum and gently lift while his little hands do what they are supposed to do when climbing and he's chuffed with himself lol. His eyes are cloudy now bless him and he has slowed down a bit. But dont be fooled when he has to stop the younger ones taking food off him he'll defend with no problems!! He still climbs into his hammocks with no problems bless him. He has a large lump on his side. Our vet is pretty confident that he can take it out easily and we would have taken it out before it got so big but we have pretty much been getting resp infections on a weekly basis. He's on bayril and tablets now in the hope that it will be completely cleared up by wednesday as he's booked in to take out the lump. he's lost a bit of weight i think and his shape has changed around the back. he seems to get diarahreea quite easily (any ideas?) and his breathin is always quite rapid these days. his heart is strong though according to our vet when he gave him a full thorough examination last night. his skin is also quite flakey. his appetite hasnt slowed down though. He will eat and eat and eat all day if we let him lol. even though all these problems are there, he is still such a strong little boy who take no messing from the younger ones. he's still top rat =)

Max is also on ab's as of this morning as he let out an almighty sneeze/cough! we're still getting abcesses. Brody has one on his chin at the moment. It was huge and all the way in the mouth and i was worried that it was going to affect his breathing and eating. He found it very painful to eat but we gave him soft foods like porridge (their fave) and really soggy buttery (I know dairy isn't good but it was olive oil spread lol) beans on toast. The one in his mouth is all cleared up now thankfully and it didn't effect his breathing at all =) Rocco is still the little thicko of the bunch! ha ha. He isnt the brightest lamp in the street lol but i love him or it! All the babies are on the sofa next to me sleeping under a blanket. Well two are pancaking on the cool leather lol and Louie is sitting on the back of the sofa behind me boggling away =)

I am cherishing every day with my bucks! Especially Louie as he is 31 months now.

Here are some pictures -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nomming on a fab ice lolly to cool them down in the hot weather this summer!

[​IMG]

Louie in his new mansion!!

[​IMG]

Louie exploring his new mansion!!

[​IMG]

giving mummy a manicure!!

[​IMG]

nomming on a custard cream!!

[​IMG]

Rocco nomming on a piece of popcorn

[​IMG]

Sleepy Louie

[​IMG]

Not sure what he was munching on there but it was yummy by the look on his face =)

[​IMG]

Louie's breakfast in hammock! Banana is yummy in the morning!

[​IMG]

This is what they do when they are hungry and want their dinner now!!

[​IMG]

A present we bought at Cheddar market when we stayed in Weston for a long weekend. It is a kids police cell toy and only 50p! They havent even looked at it ha ha

[​IMG]

I think they're too big to fit in there lol

[​IMG]

Croissants for breakfast!!

[​IMG]

This is a comfortable way to sleep apparantly! This is Brody's fave position.

[​IMG]

Louie, Brody and Rocco hanging out on the sofa with daddy

[​IMG]

Brody's mouth absess

[​IMG]

poor baby

[​IMG]

love this picture!! Max looks like he's screaming "muuuuuuuum Louie is squishing me!"

[​IMG]

sharing mummy's breakfast muffin this morning after being such a good boy and taking his meds =)

Hope you enjoyed our photo's and update!

#1 WelshYorkieLover, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. DarcyGerbil

DarcyGerbil PetForums Junior

Aww they're absouloutely gorgeous! They all look very happy and healthy. Glad to hear they're doing well! :)

3. WelshYorkieLover

WelshYorkieLover PetForums VIP

Thank you so much! I love them to bits =) they make me laugh so much with all their silly and naughty behaviour!! Little monkeys!!

4. jaderosehere

jaderosehere PetForums Member

Aww lovely :) I can't wait to get an explorer at the end of the month :) I'm spending my student loan wisely ;)

5. blade100

blade100 PetForums VIP

Oh my god those pics are great! I LOVE the pic of Louie of the close up nomming on some food, his eyes say it all.
    And the line up of them waiting for din dins is brill not to mention the roaring pic. Hehehehe.

Aww but they look great and Louie looks amazing for 31 months. You must be doing a fab job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice