Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Update re Mika

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by ad_1980, Jul 8, 2009.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Update people

I got home late in the evening to find a vet bill on the counter - it turns out either my mum or my sister had the common sense to figure out all was not well and took Mika to the vet - which is good because then at least he got to the vet sooner instead of waiting for me to take him in the morning.

Anyway apparently he's gotten a dogdy tum because he's eaten something - of course we don't know what - well - my guess is the change of food but i'm not going to say i told you so to my parents so i just went ok...but if it was something he ate other than the bakers mix i am at a loss as to what he coudl've eaten? I mean on Sunday he went for a walk and i had my eye on him so i don't think he could've eaten anything in the park.....i wonder what could've upset his tum....

So anyway the vet gave him some medicine, and some science prescription diet meat and that's it really. I wonder which vet had seen him. I really hope it was the one i like and not the other dingbat!

But yes there we go an update. i woke up to a happy and well pup this morning although all he wanted to do was sleep from 9-11:30 this morning but no he seems fine and happy.

Now question - its not so hot nor rainy.......should i take him out for a walk or should i let his tummy settle a bit for a while?

2. rona

rona Guest

Yet another change of food then :(
    Alf had an upset tum last week, we still went out but not too far and stayed away from areas that other dogs use incase it was something contagious

3. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Yes well this food will be temporary and i don't think the vet would've given it to us if it wasn't going to help him.

Re his walk, should i keep him on a lead then?

4. rona

rona Guest

I think it would be wise until his tum is better, unless you have somewhere that he will just mooch and not go chasing around.
    Vets try and give you these foods because they earn commission on them

5. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Perhaps. But hey at least he's feeling better.

Ok i'll keep him on a lead. I'm so happy he's better. All he wants to do is play with me now he he.

I am so glad my sister and mum had the common sense to take him to the vet. I was definitely going to take him today as well.

I just wish i knew what he'd eaten.

6. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

oh glad he is feeling better:) enjoy the walk

7. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

I wish all dog owners were as caring and thoughtful as you....the number of times we go for a walk and a dog has evidently had an upset tum...its not nice and its not healthy.

See, yet another reason why your great!x

8. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

rona should become a vet :)

9. rona

rona Guest

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

I'm a bit too long in the tooth for that :001_tt2:

10. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Further update - yes he's still fine. Although he wouldn't go outside today even though we had some dry moments. This got me worried because i don't want him to keep his systems in because that may make him sick again. So i took him for a nice gentle stroke around the block which he loved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice