Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

UPDATE re: ebay advice please!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by iheartsonic, Mar 27, 2011.

1. iheartsonic

iheartsonic PetForums Senior

Me again, sorry!

The guys ten days were up today so, as I wasn't home, my OH escalated the case to customer support. Here's where I get confused. This is what it says

So... They've REFUNDED HIM?!!! WTF!!! It says there's nothing else for us to do. >:[ I'm confused and cross. If they've found neither of us to be at fault, he shouldn't have been refunded, surely?!

2. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Did you get the goods back?

3. iheartsonic

No. first we were told (over the phone) that ebay have asked him to send them back and that it'd be passed on the escalation team and they will decide within 24-48 hours who's at fault and who is not.

But now in the case details is says he has been refunded, no body is at fault and the case is closed :confused:

4. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

How does that work? If neither was at fault, then it was a legal transaction so you should get the money. Have you actually checked your paypal to see if you are still in the red?

5. iheartsonic

Yes, I'm not in the red but it does say in the case details (on paypal) that ebay issued the refund and now I owe EBAY the £35!! :-S

Still sore that they have refunded him, He has boots and his money?! how is that fair?! :(

6. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I would phone EBay up. Thats ridiculous. I'll do it if you want because I'm in the mood for a good argument! :D

7. iheartsonic

Dave said he'll tackle it in the morning, he's tired now because he's had the kids to himself for 24 hours because i've been out. Apparently full-time parenting is harder than he thought!!! :lol: :lol:

8. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

that is totally ridiculous. you never ever give a refund for anything without receiving the goods back first, and ebay should know that.

get on the phone to them and kick up a stink for definite.

9. Gilly and Jess

Gilly and Jess PetForums Senior

Blimey, I wouldn't take THAT lying down like. No way. If no one is at fault, no money should have been refunded. Surely that's admitting you're at fault and he's entitled to his money back?

ODD to say the least! :confused:

10. I love springers

I love springers PetForums Senior

Similar thing happened with my son...He sold a remote car and stated everything about it good bits and faults for £100 after the guy received the car he opened a dispute stating the car was not as described and so ebay gave him a full refund and he kept the car aswell :mad: ....

I sold an electric tester to some guy...He paid by paypal and it was sent first class....He stated that he never received the item and even though i had my proof of postage with his address on and i told ebay this they still went ahead and gave him a refund...and then blocked my account until i paid them the outstanding fee :cryin:

I won't sell on ebay anymore because they should request the item be returned to them before they give a refund...At least then you would get your item back

I hope you have better luck with ebay..............

#10 I love springers, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  11. iheartsonic

I just can't believe it! We'll get back on the phone to them tomorrow, it sounds like ebay and paypal haven't communicated properly. I don't know how we got from escalating the dispute to settling the refund and case closed in a matter of minutes?!

I'm not pleased at all.:mad:

12. adam87

adam87 PetForums Member

eBay has terrible customer service and rip off fees.

Long live Ebid.net

13. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Its some new thing they brought in ... you get to keep his money , Ebay refund him from their own money and he also gets to keep the goods ... strictly speaking no-one has lost , but he has definately gained :mad:

bloody ridiculous way of doing things if you ask me
    the lengths Ebay are going to to keep customers happy is beyond insanity

14. davidc

davidc PetForums VIP

That's quite cheeky of ebay, if anybody owes anybody anything, ebay owes you for the boots. Or at least it should work that way.

15. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

We should wait for him to sell them then buy them and report him for what he accused you of.

Can not believe that they refunded him.

16. Magalie

Magalie PetForums Newbie

My advice, get on the phone to Ebay, threaten to sue for being partial and for the loss of your goods, that's pretty much the only thing they are afraid of and if you speak to someone that tells you they cannot do anything, ask to speak to his supervisor, until someone can help you, there is always someone that can.

17. iheartsonic

GRRRRRR The jerk left more follow up reply on the neg feedback he left. :mad: It's so bloody unfair he can treat me (and presumably other sellers) like this and not be pulled up on it. I'm not a bad/fraudulent seller! I'm so cross.

Bloody ebay saying the case is closed too. ARGH!

18. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

Involve Trading Standards.

19. iheartsonic

I'll show my OH this thread tomorrow when he is home from work, I think he's run out of fight. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice