Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

UPDATE: pup still breaking wind

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by snadge, Jan 17, 2012.

1. snadge

snadge PetForums Member

we changed Bella (4mnth lab pup) onto the WW Turkey & Vegetable today (from WW Turkey & Rice) which is 60% potato instead of rice , we have had no gas all night and i thought we had it solved then at 10:30 she dropped a bomb but not as smelly as they have been, then again 20 mins later while lying in her cage, she would normally break more than this and it never happens during the day..only in evening...1 hour after tea and onwards so there is some improvement but is still happening, will keep you all updated tomorrow.

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Sounds like there is a slight improvement. Give it a bit of time. Her wind atm could be the remains of the rice and also her tum adjusting to the new food.

Charcoal biscuits are good for relieving wind - CSJ do some natural ones - "Dem Bones". I would personally give it a bit of time. Far better to deal with the cause than treat the symptom :D:D

3. bird

bird PetForums VIP

You may have to accept that your dog is just a windy pops. I've got used to Alfs backside firing most days, some foods lessen it but it never stops completely :eek:

4. snadge

snadge PetForums Member

thats what my missus said "she may just be a windy dog" hehe , i dont mind, just as long as she not in dis-comfort, she seems fine, likes to play...

IF EATING FOOD STOP READING!!: her poo's have changed, they were thick, dark brown , slightly hard and leathery looking and now they are thinner, light brown and softer, not runny but much more 'loose' - will keep an eye on that too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice