Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Update on the boys and advice needed

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Mirx3, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

Just thought I'd give a little update on my boys and ask for a bit of advice. I've emailed a vet to ask a few questions (if you can suggestion any that would be great). So far I have only asked about the costs and for campaigns of sorts, but I've gotten no reply I sent it yesterday at 2am. But I guess they are probably busy, or not open on Sundays? But I am still not sure which vet I want to take them to. I've been looking at vets online, I need to get them booked in soon though.

Oh! What do you bring with you when you take them to the vet? Do you need to bring water or blankets? I've put the carrier in the living room and left the door open on it so they can get used to it, Shadow actually went for a snooze in it earlier, Go figure lol. Milo has gone in it and I've closed the door to see his reaction he was fine for a good... oh... 2 minutes then he was poking his paws out in plea to get out, So I am a little nervous about having him in there for a long period of time.

We've also started preparing for the cold weather (already getting cold here) by topping up the gas now and slowly saving it up for when it starts to get really cold, I had an idea of putting a cat flap in the living room door so that we can keep it shut and block out a lot of cold air that comes in from the hallway/stairs (food bowls and litter tray out there), Then the boys can still come into the living room and keep warm as well and we won't be getting such a draft in. :)

I am also planning on buying some fish pieces to give them every now and then, so that they are getting what they need. Should I give them that once or twice a week? and does it matter if I buy frozen pieces?

Also.. pictures I just took of them.

Attached Files:

#1 Mirx3, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

hi mirx i think you only need to put say a t-shirt of yours in carrier to make them feel at home ,they wont be allowed any water or food from say 7 o clock the night before op, the vet will tell you what you need to do when you make the appointment:) it is worth shopping around for the best price and also experience, i was really impressed as my vet had 30yrs exp-lovely lady:)

i really like your idea of putting a cat flap in the front room door:)

i think feeding fish is ok once or twice a week , it dosent matter if its frozen, just steam gently and remove all the bones and have some yourself for dinner , i love fish chowder , spuds,green beans sweet corn,onions,stock ,parsley and garlic,black pepper and cream at the end, mmmmmmmmmmmm:)

3. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

Seems a long time for them to go without food, But if that is what the vet will recommend then that is what will happen :)

I unfortunately cannot eat fish... I can't stand the smell of it, and I really hate seafood. The only kind of fish I can eat is one I cannot smell or does not taste extremely fishy lol and no surprise that it is hard to find a way to make it like that :lol:

4. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

i was trying to answer all your questions and i completely forgot to say how gorgeous your boys are looking, i love that inquisitive look :) it makes them look so clever which im sure they are -they choose you and you are a good mummie:)

even though they are differently coloured they look so similar in shape and manner, you are so lucky to have two cats that love each other:001_wub:

5. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

Thank you :D

I do think Ankhstar needs a brother or sister ;)

6. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

When Phoebe was spayed she could eat until 10pm the night before and I had to take her water away at 6am on the day. It might depend what time their appointment will be but the vet will tell you everything.

Getting them used to the carrier is a good idea, ours is out all the time <I've nowhere to store it really> Phoebe sometimes goes there for a snooze, however getting her in the carrier when you want and closing the door is another story :lol:

Your boys are lovely, hope all goes well ;)

7. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

*smacks forehead* I probably should have mentioned it was cats in the email... they messaged me back thinking I was talking about dogs. :rolleyes:

8. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

So they replied back... Said they have to be 6 months old, I thought they could be neutered from 5 months. also say it will be 37.80 per cat.

EDIT: I have just checked another their prices are 5-30

#8 Mirx3, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice