UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to post an update on my litter, as some will know from my other post we had a litter of 10 pups born however after trying to hand feed we lost 5 in total, pups were then taken to a foster mum who they spent 3 weeks with, they have been back with me now nearly 3 weeks and all 5 are doing well, one is waiting to see about having an op to fix a big hernia :( however they are all turning into lovely pups and have been worth all the hard work, heres some pictures..

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mum is currently staying with my friend as we were advised not to risk her with them, although my spaniel seems to have been quite happy to step in and play mum to them all x

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Gosh you've really been through the mill with these puppies. It was sad about the ones you lost, the others look like they're coming on lovely. When will you be bringing mum home?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you all for the kind comments, we were going to bring mum home when some had gone to their new homes, we have the little girl we will be keeping and also have the boy who will be staying a little longer with us so im hoping that when there are only two mum might be easier to adjust to them been there, she is normally 100% with all other animals so im hoping that now they are indipendant she will just see them as other dogs in the household, although she will be on 24 hour watch with lots of breaks inbetween so she gets used to the slowly and i build up confinence in her and pups been together, mum will be getting spayed in about 5 weeks so hoping to get the house all settled before then, sadly if mum wont take to the pups i will have to reconsider keeping the bitch as although my aim was to keep a bitch back mum will always come first, suppose its just a waiting game now but im not expecting any over night miracle and im more than willing to put in the time and effort, just hope all goes well x

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
It would be so lovely if you could keep the little girl. I think it makes it all the more special after everything you've been through. Hopefuly she will just see the pup as a new addition and be fine, you won't know until you try. Like you say though, Mum comes first. Good luck xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.