Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Update on Penny

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Clare7435, May 7, 2010.

1. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

Hiya....I mentioned Penny wasn't too well the other day, the vet said she had an infection and gave her antibiotic and pain killer injections and said to take her back friday if she was no better...not sure if I should take her back or not....She's better in herself, she's no longer dragging when I put her lead on, she's eating fine...chicken and rice....and her ears seem ok now so the problem I origionally took her in with seems to have eased...aside one...she won't sit fully on her bottom
    I've been thinking and just wantd to run it past you all and see what you think.
    She won't sit fully on her bum, she looks to be hovering.....I had a feel and she feels a little spongy down there in between her front and back...she's cleaning herself quite a lot and having periods of long rest...occasionally shaking too...and I was wondering if maybe she's the age for coming into season...she's 6 months old now, I've never had a pup because I had fizz from just over a year old so I dont really know the signs.
    Clare xx

2. rona

rona Guest

Sounds quite likely.
    If she seems ok in herself, I would leave it until after the weekend and see how she is.
    However, if you are likely to worry yourself silly by waiting, then go ;) ;)

3. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

I'm a worrier when it comes to the girls but I think in this case it is sounding likely that it's penny coming into season....I think I'm going to leave it and see what happens, I can still get to my vet within half an hour on a weekend so it's not like she's going to be without help if needed.She's still herself....in fact she just chewed up my boot and seemed quite proud of herself in doing so :lol:

4. Emraa

Emraa PetForums Senior

Sounds like she is feeling much better! :)

5. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

LOL.....she's not a chewer but occasionally she has the odd munch on things....ah well....she knows to drop it when I say so that's all that matters...boots where nackerd anyway lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice