Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Update on Patrick - shocking images behind link

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by IndysMamma, Mar 22, 2011.

1. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

The humane society that has Patrick - the American Pitbull/Pit X that was starved nearly to death and dumped down a garbage shoot have been posting updates on his condition

he is doing amazingly well considering! and he's looking better every day

I have emailed them to ask permission to share his pics here - but until I get a reply here is his link

Patrick's Updates

poor baby -I have been promoting the wonderful work this rescue have been doing everywhere I can - almost *every* rescue I know would have probably euthanised him in his condition due to time and nursing constraints - hopefully with TLC Patrick will become the best and most cherished boy in his city.

Look at those *eyes* aaawh

2. 2lisa2

2lisa2 PetForums VIP

omg thats awfull hope patrick makes a full recovery bless him :(

3. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Awww thats so sad, how anyone can do this to a dog is beyond me. Its fantastic that the rescue are wanting to get Patrick back to full health, I will keep checking the site for updates.

4. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Unbelievable how that little chap is still alive considering his condition- really remarkable, he has such a beautiful little face. How someone can do that to an animal....

5. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I really hope Patrick gets better and finds a good home soon.
    And I hope that those who did that to him will feel the full force of the law.
    Karma has a way of catching up.

6. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

looking at all the stories on there are heartnreaking :( Hope they all get well soon and find forever homes

7. I so hope they catch the barstools who did this! $2000 reward or no $2000reward! I'd shop em for a shilling myself! then I'd donate it!
    Things like this re confirm that I am right preferring animals to humans!

8. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

I have permission to share his updates directly onto the forum so will now be posting his updates and pics onto here for you all

9. shaz179

shaz179 PetForums Junior

OWWWWW !!!!! Thats so sad for him. Glad hes in a better place now and someone is giving him the love and care he needs.

10. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Thank you for the update, i saw this story on here the other day i thought the dog was dead from the photos :(

Evil scum of the earth that did this to him :mad5:

11. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

Mans inhumanity knows no bounds...... I too prefer the company of animals to any other than my nearest and dearest.....

12. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

What an amazing story and what a strong lad to survive that. :) Will definately be following his progress online.

13. Amy-Daz

Amy-Daz PetForums Junior

:eek: OMG! Poor Patrick, poor baby. Hope he gets well soon. Sending huge healing cwtches over to Patrick.

14. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Oh my good God! Who on earth could do this to a dog? :(

How Patrick have even survived this long is a miracle and the devotion of the staff is beyond belief. Bless him and I hope he continues to go from stregnth to stregnth. Those rescuers need a medal, they really do.

Is it any wonder some of us prefer animals to people but then the people who are looking after him are wonderful. ;)

15. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

OMG, that poor dog, I'm in tears.

What wonderful people they are to think there was no way he'd make it and still giving him everything just so he could pass knowing there are good people in the world. I hope he makes it and goes on to live the happy life he deserves.

16. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

Patrick's latest update!

he's looking sooo much more alert/aware, he's got life back in his eyes and is becoming a lil character

from his update pages:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

he's not going to be updated daily... his journey is going to be months, not weeks and certainly not days

he's been on major news networks, has a facebook page and here is a video one media outlet made of him

Dog found in trash bag and near death is making a recovery - Video | NJ.com

and one from the shelter
    YouTube - Patrick - Road to Recovery as of March 21, 2011

the strength and spirit of this lil guy has me in tears - if only I could be as strong as he is!

17. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

God bless him, those pictures are enough tomake anyone gasp. Goodness knows what those beautiful eyes have witnessed and what that body has been made to suffer but he has pulled himself through and he deseves every bit of love he gets now.

18. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

Hi Indysmamma, have you got the facebook link? I would really like to follow the story of Patricks recovery as I do for Mercy and Pity (many tears dogs) and Vesper (rescue ink dog).

19. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

Bless Him he's a True Fighter....These people at the Rescue centre deserve so much for what they do for these poor souls...Did they Catch /proscecute his abusers? All the Storie's of Horrendous Cruelity we read these Days it's getting worse.. The &*%^&^%$$'s who are capable of this Evil Deserve to have the Same done to them and More.:mad:

20. morsel

morsel PetForums Senior

I f****** hate people sometimes. B*****s

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice